Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Splitter

New Poster

Splitter

About a week ago, I get a knock on my door. I am on the phone for work, so I ignore it. They knock again. I rush off the phone and answer the door. It is my new neighbor and an Xfinity technician. My dog was not fond of someone being at the door so I had to step outside with them. It turns out, my neighbor wanted internet and Xfinity would need to dig lines to get the internet hooked up so they wanted to split off of my line. Keep in mind, when I moved in, I had to wait two months to get Xfinity due to having my lines dug in a new construction neighborhood. I was on the spot. I asked if there would be any noticable changes. He said no. I told him that I work remotely and couldn't have a break in service. He promised that there wouldn't be one. He also said that within two week, they would be back to unsplit it and provide her with her own line. I relunctantly agreed because I couldn't say no with my new neighbor on there although I instantly thought it was an awful idea. Now, for the past week, my service has been questionable at best. It freezes a few times an hour and it always seems to happen in the middle of important meetings. I have taken the issue to tech support and all they want to do is refresh my modem signal. I am just upset that I was put on the spot and now I am suffereing the consequences. Has anyone else expereiced issues with splitting?

Cable Expert

Re: Splitter

What are your signal levels? (up and down) 

See the troubleshooting guide.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation