Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Slow upload speeds

Frequent Visitor

Slow upload speeds

I used to get 15-18Mbps upload speeds. Now I seem to stay around 3-5Mbps. I have the Extreme 150 package. I have had 2 techs at house. Modem has been replaced. Modem was moved outside and connected directly to box where cable comes into house and still slow uploads. Not sure why my uploads dropped around December of 2017. Attached are my specs from Comcast supplied modem. Any help would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 1.36.20 PM.png
Expert

Re: Slow upload speeds

Hi @snil,

Since you've already had two tech visits and your signals look fine, I've escalated this to an employee so they can take a look at your account on the back end and check your signal/node health. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

 

 

Expert

Re: Slow upload speeds

My Arris has newer firmware than yours does.  You might call 1800comcast and ask them about this.TG1682G.jpg

 

Expert

Re: Slow upload speeds


@RobertWy wrote:

My Arris has newer firmware than yours does.  You might call 1800comcast and ask them about this. 


FWIW, and AFAIK, the OP should ask for a tier 2 rep if they call. I don't think that the front line tier 1 reps have the ability to push firmware loads to modems / gateways.

Expert

Re: Slow upload speeds


@EG wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

My Arris has newer firmware than yours does.  You might call 1800comcast and ask them about this. 


FWIW, and AFAIK, the OP should ask for a tier 2 rep if they call. I don't think that the front line tier 1 reps have the ability to push firmware loads to modems / gateways.


Good to know; my experience calling them yesterday was that I spoke to someone who had to ask another person about my question.  I lost connection and called back and the second person was able to help me without having to put me on hold.

 

Tier1 first, Tier 2 second?

Expert

Re: Slow upload speeds


@RobertWy wrote:

Tier1 first, Tier 2 second?


That seems to be the pecking order. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Slow upload speeds

FWIW: What does it show on the sofware page Robert? The page you showed just shows that your hardware is ver 11 as opposed to the OP's ver 9. (just curious).

Expert

Re: Slow upload speeds


@Paraniod wrote:

FWIW: What does it show on the sofware page Robert? The page you showed just shows that your hardware is ver 11 as opposed to the OP's ver 9. (just curious).

Software.jpg

 


 

 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Slow upload speeds

Thanks, looks like the software ver is the same (10.1.11), but not sure if the software image name is the same for the OP.

Anyway, if the OP is still reading probably best to call in and get them to check the provisioning for the speed.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Slow upload speeds

I am working with Comcast employee now. Thanks for all the input. I will followup with whatever the outcome is.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Slow upload speeds

Followup outcome of slow uploads.

 

So after 2 additional techs coming to my house and doing a thorough checking of every cable box, connection, and splitter they finally sent issue to the maintenance team who came out Saturday and replaced a part at street level and I am now getting 25Mbps. Glad I posted on this site as the Comcast employee (ComcastJoeTru ) kept up with progress.