Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Slow download speed

New Poster

Slow download speed

I can't play a simulcast on my computer due to slow download speed.  It's almost like it keeps trying to buffer.  My Macbbook pro is 2 years old with the most current OS.  My modem is Motorola that I lease from Comcast, and the router is a new Apple Airport Extreme.  I used the Comcast speed test and the download speed is 0.62 mbps.  What should it be and what can I do about this please?

Thanks

Customer Expert

Re: Slow download speed

I'm moving this from the Mac forum to the connections forum for greater visibility. It doesn't sound like a Mac problem.

Please post what you see when you access your modem's statistics page by typing http://192.168.100.1 into your browser window’s address field. EG would also suggest "calling Comcast and inquiring what your uSNR (upstream SNR) figure is. He notes that this can't be read at the modem level. Post that as well."

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon