Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Slow connectivity and download speeds, technician will be sent out tomorrow.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 1 of 1 (91 Views)

Slow connectivity and download speeds, technician will be sent out tomorrow.

Hi Everyone, i was in touch with Comcast earlier because my Xbox One console, which was hardwired/connected to ethernet, was receiving relatively low download speeds and major lag throughout even the dashboard. Some of my games would fail to launch and multiplayer wasn't even an option. I was averaging about 4-25 MBPS download speed when i have the best plan with unlimited data.

My laptop, i guess it's fine, it doesn't really see a drop in speed, some sites refuse to load until the third refresh, stating the connection was reset whenever i would load a few sites. After a successful refresh to load the page, the site would load with hardtext, i can't describe it, but it would load like really awkwardly. 

So i contacted Comcast, because when i had a single band Modem, there was no issue, i was normally averaging around 75-90 MB/s for download speeds and would normally download my a 45 GB game within an hour to two hours. But i was upgraded to a dual-band router, 2.0 Ghz and 5.0 ghz, and after all the troubleshooting in the world with Comcast, i got to an advanced wireless agent who took control of the modem and saw that maybe i wasn't connecting to 5.0 ghz and after all the troubleshooting with him, we still got no where and he decided to send out a technician for tomorrow, the thing is, what could a technician do though? They said he is going to install a signal booster? Would that solve the problem?