Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Google Wifi and Arris SB6190

Regular Contributor

Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Google Wifi and Arris SB6190

Hello!

I have had the Ring video doorbell pro for a while now and I cannot get it to work properly.  I have spoken with both Comcast and Ring and one sends me back to the other.  My problem is sometimes I get the black screen, sometimes I get clear video until I try to communicate with the person at my door and which point the video freezes.  

I have replaced my original router with the google wifi mesh network thinking that would fix the problem, but it didn't.  Ring tells me to contact Comcast about UDP Protocol so I do.  They tell me that there isn't anything they can do since I own the SB6190 modem.  Is there anyone out there that can help me fix this issue?  It is absolutely driving me insane@!

Thank you,

Missy O

Expert

Re: Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Google Wifi and Arris SB6190

Hi @Missy

Your internet works fine otherwise? Do you have issues streaming Netflix or videos?

Regular Contributor

Yes, internet works great. I don't use Netflix but watch a lot of YouTube videos with no problems.
Expert

I have the same doorbell and I had to fiddle with network settings to get it to work properly. I moved mine to the 2.4GHz network and changed the channel on the WiFi network. I don't think this is a Comcast issue directly. Other possibilities: 

• Your router needs to be upgraded
  • Your modem has some known issues (Google "SB6190 and Puma")
  • The Ring device is defective.

This might be helpful: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Tips-for-Better-WiFi-Network-Performance/td-p/2627659...

Regular Contributor

Thanks for your response. I will Google my modem and Puma. Any ideas on how to upgrade the firmware on my modem since I own it?
Expert

Comcast pushes the firmware to your modem automatically - you can't change it yourself.