Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Ring Video Doorbell Audio/Video Quality Issues

New Poster

Ring Video Doorbell Audio/Video Quality Issues

I first tried the Ring Video Doorbell Classic, then added a Chime Pro wifi/speaker combo, then tried a Linksys Wifi extender, upgrading to a Ring 2 Video doorbell, changing the modem/router from an XB3 Arris to the XB3 Cisco device, tried putting the Ring device on the DMZ, and my firewall settings are on typical in the ,online settings for the Cisco modem....  What gives?  recorded video freezes or choppy, audio cuts in and out, etc.  I have spend HOURS on the phone with Ring support and they now say that it is an ISP/hardware issue with Comcast xFinity.  Anyone else had a similar issue and what was the fix?

New Poster

Re: Ring Video Doorbell Audio/Video Quality Issues

I’ve been experiencing the same issue and would love someone with expertise to chime in. No pun intended.

Best Regards,

Phil
Official Employee

Re: Ring Video Doorbell Audio/Video Quality Issues

Hello All, 

I can assist in troubleshooting the diagnostics of your Comcast Wireless Gateway to ensure we have the equipment operating under normal parameters and within acceptable RF signal ranges. We cannot directly support the troubleshooting of third party equipment, like the Ring Video Doorbell product. To get started with troubleshooting your Gateway, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your equipment.