Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Regular Xfinity hotspot I use is unable to provide service (limited service)

New Poster

Regular Xfinity hotspot I use is unable to provide service (limited service)

Hello.

I constantly move between my home office and a clinic where I receive regular treatments for 4 hr every other day.

During this time, I usually connect using an xfinitywifi hotspot from what I assume is a business next door (found using https://hotspots.wifi.comcast.com/ ). 

I understand this is a value added of being a Xfinity customer, and service levels are not guaranteed on a hotspot. However, I wanted to explore what (if anything) could be done in order to report a public xfinity hotspot down.

This is affecting me, as I use this service to conduct some work while at the clinic (which is at least 4 hours during the day). 

Right off the bat, my equipment is working fine as I have tested with someone else's phone hotspot - which is how I was able to connect to send this message.

Is there a way to report a down hotspot (I can see it and connect, but has limited service - no internet)?

Official Employee

Re: Regular Xfinity hotspot I use is unable to provide service (limited service)

Hi @caracast1

I would like to review the hotspot you are attempting to connect to. It sounds like 1 of two things could be happening. Either the owner of the hotspot has disabled the public hotspot so other's are not able to connect and slow down their speeds, or the hotspot is no longer active. 

In order to confirm that can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.