Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Receiving not even half of the speeds Im paying for.

New Poster

Receiving not even half of the speeds Im paying for.

About a month ago i had advertised speeds which is performance pro so 100mb down and now my speeds get to a maximum of 35 download i have not made any changes in that time that would affect it. So just looking for a solution customer service told me they need to send a rep out to replace something but i dont believe it is needed

Contributor

Re: Receiving not even half of the speeds Im paying for.

Sounds like your gateway is a dual band. So it is acually broadcasting 2 seperate networks a 2.4GHz and 5GHz talking about your wifi.The primary differences between the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz wireless networks are range and bandwidth. 5GHz provides faster data rates at a shorter distance. 2.4GHz offers coverage for farther distances, but may perform at slower speeds. If this is indeed the type of modem you have your either on the 2.4GHz and you need to switch to the 5GHZ or both of your networks have the same name so you and your device will only see 1 wifi. If thats the case just change your WIFI name. EXAMPLE:  2.4GHz-(MY_WIFI) 5GHz-(MY_WIFI-5) keep the password the same for both. 2.4GHz you will only get around 40MBPS but the 5GHz you will get the speeds your paying for if your close to the gateway. If this is whats happening your device is jumping between both networks and thats why the speed has changed. you can change your wifi names on the comcast app or log into your account and go to the internet section.

Expert

thechampedgar wrote:

About a month ago i had advertised speeds which is performance pro so 100mb down and now my speeds get to a maximum of 35 download 

What are you getting for the upload speed ?

Expert

matt4952 wrote:

Sounds like your gateway is a dual band. .

FWIW, I don't see where the poster posted anything about the equipment they have ?

Official Employee

Hi @thechampedgar. I can also help in troubleshooting your internet speeds. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.

New Poster

I have a ubee Docsis 3 modem and a Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 model R6700

Expert

As asked. Upload speed ?