Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: Is xfinity throttling internet speeds??

Frequent Visitor

I believe that Comcast IS throttling speeds since the law was passed. I have had many problems since with often not being able to reach Google, do ordinary medical or technical research, and emails not getting through. My email gateway seems to suddenly be at smaller capacity for receiving attachments. My WiFi is unreliable. My Internet goes in and out. I have checked my cabling and reset my modem. Tomorrow I will be making the annoying, semi-annual phonecall asking for help with things that haven't changed physically in my apartment but apparently have somehow magically changed with Comcast, causing problems for the on-line connection. I have the fastest internet available and am using Comcast equipment.

Expert

@GMGNHCT wrote:

I believe that Comcast IS throttling speeds since the law was passed.

I have had many problems since with often not being able to reach Google, do ordinary medical or technical research, and emails not getting through. My email gateway seems to suddenly be at smaller capacity for receiving attachments. My WiFi is unreliable. My Internet goes in and out. I have checked my cabling and reset my modem. Tomorrow I will be making the annoying, semi-annual phonecall asking for help with things that haven't changed physically in my apartment but apparently have somehow magically changed with Comcast, causing problems for the on-line connection. I have the fastest internet available and am using Comcast equipment.

Comcast still follows the same rules on NN they did before the repeal. They didn't throttle speeds then and they don't now. 

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log.