Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: DPC3941T wifi turned off, but still emitting in 2.4 and 5 Ghz

New Poster

Any sucess on this? I have also disabled my 2.4 and 5 Ghz , since I need to use an Orbi, and I can still see the 2 LEDs blinking.

Expert

Do you have the Comcast gateway device in full bridge mode ?

New Poster

No, is not on bridge mode, I just saw that "tip" on NETGEAR forum: "I have the same setup as you. Turn off the wifi in the comcast Modem/router and use only the Orbi Wifi.  And preferably, set the modem in bridge mode to avoid double NAT at the routers."

I am going to try that tonight. 

Now, I need to deal in order to my PX051AEI works with my Orb, that I still not sure that is possible.

Thanks!

Expert
Expert

wrote:

Any sucess on this? I have also disabled my 2.4 and 5 Ghz , since I need to use an Orbi, and I can still see the 2 LEDs blinking.

My Arris is in bridge mode and the wifi SSID's are gone but those two lights continue to blink.  I don't know whether that is an issue, but since the SSID's are gone, I don't see how they could be an issue.

New Poster

I thought the same, BUT, I saw someone posting that if is still blinking the router is still boradcasting in a "hidden" SSID (I still need to confirm that tonight with a WIFI analyser)

Expert

Yes possibly it is due to the public WiFi hotspots and the hidden broadcasts for the Xfinity Home security systems is / are still being broadcasted.