New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Problems with new modem, new service

New Poster

Problems with new modem, new service

Greetings,

I'm having a odd issue. Last month I downgraded my service from 120 down to the basic 25/5. At the same time, I picked up a new Motorola MB7420 modem. My problem is that I'm only getting 25 down in short bursts, but am regularly getting about 1.5 down. My up has been consistentlt where it's supposed to be, at abotu 5. 

I'm getting these numbers directly via ethernet. I called comcast three times yesterday. Each time they had me clear cache, reset, power cycle, et al. They say everything looks right on their end. 

I know I'm supposed to post some numbers for you, but I'm not sure how to access them, nor am I sure which ones are needed. 

The issue is really frustrating. The internet is so slow, I'm having dial-up flashbacks. 

Please help!

Problem Solver

Re: Problems with new modem, new service

I'm not sure how to see the signal page for your modem but you can access them at http://192.168.100.1. Pretty much look through the pages and if you see terminology such as Downstream, Upstream, SNR; you are in the right place to retrieve the levels. Let me know if you need additional help accessing those levels.
New Poster

Thanks so much! I've taken a screen shot of the levels. Might they offer any insight into my problem? 

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 5.26.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 5.27.24 PM.png
Connection Expert

FWIW, those are o/k.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Ok, so this issue if further complicated in an interesting (read: frustrating) way. I just got notice from comcast that I'm at 90% of my monthly 1024 GB plan. There is no way that I'm downloading this much. In the 6 years I've been with comcast, I've never come close to this limit. Last Feburary, for example, we used 88 GB. The fact that we were out of town for the majority of this past month further complicates matters. 

They're sending someone out tomorrow, but any ideas what might be going on? Might there be a leak somewhere?