Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Problems with home network

Problem Solver

Problems with home network

For the last week I have been having the following problems:

1. After Windows 10 is awakened from sleep mode I can no longer connect to my network or the internet. To fix this I have to launch a Windows network repair.

2. Yesterday my wireless printer kept getting errors while trying to print. I had to give up trying to print.

I tried restarting the gateway and the computer but the problems persisted for about a week. Today it seems back to normal.

Is it possible the gateway is going bad? I have a Technicolor TC8305C.

Expert

Re: Problems with home network

Sounds like the machine is losing its IP address after it falls asleep. You could disable sleep mode in the OS. 

And anything is "possible". The TC8305C is an older XB1 model gateway. You could try having them swap it out for a newer and better performing XB3 model;

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/wireless-gateway-compare/

Problem Solver

Re: Problems with home network

The problem with sleep went away after I reset the gateway. BTW, my computer is set to go to sleep after 30 minutes. I only shut it down or restart it about once a week.

Was using my blu-ray player to watch YouTube tonight. The wireless connection to my gateway dropped several times.It tooks numerous attemps each time to reconnect. They are probably only ten feet apart.

I wonder if there is interference causing problems with my WiFi.I ran a program called inSSIDer Home. It said that I had overlapping channels from neighboring networks.My WiFi channel had been set automatically to #8. I changed the channel manually to the recommended #1.