Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Permanently Turn Off Xfinity Hotspot

Contributor

Permanently Turn Off Xfinity Hotspot

I had new service installed a little over two weeks ago. Since then, the Xfinity hotspot comes back on every time the box updates or freezes up for whatever reason. The normal scenario:

1. I'm trying to access the internet via my ethernet cable and suddenly I can't get online. After reading through the forums, I believe this must be happening because of updates to the box that for whatever reason cause it to stop working properly OR the plan I have is too fast for this box.

2. Either way, I unplug the gateway and then plug it back in. Eventually, the service comes back on.

3. The hotspot, which is supposed to be turned off, also turns back on within a few minutes.

4. I then have to go to 10.0.0.1 to disable and then renable the bridge to turn off the Wi-Fi... EVERY TIME. Sometimes, I'll get a few days before I have to do this again. Usually, I only get a few hours or a half day. I even submitted a ticket to Comcast to make certain that they would turn OFF the hotspot on their end. Yet, the lights keep coming back on and blinking. 

I've read elsewhere that the hotspot eats up electricity. I have other reasons for not wanting the hotspot/Wi-Fi or the associated blinking lights on all of the time.

Has anyone found a real solution to this problem that actually turns it off and keeps it off?

Official Employee

Re: Permanently Turn Off Xfinity Hotspot

Hello Jhera. I can assist you with permanently disabling the XFINITY hotspot on your wireless gateway. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account & provisioning.