Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Not getting download speed of Blast 250

Regular Visitor

Not getting download speed of Blast 250

Hello,

I upgraded my Internet service to Blast 250 a month or so ago, but I am not getting any close to 200 Mbps. The best I have been able to get is 181 Mbps. Upload speed is fine, around 12+ Mbps. I have had chat support re-provision my cable modem, SB6183, a few times, but no improvement. I have also tried to directly connect to the cable modem, and still got the same download speed. I also had technician come out to look at, and he did not see anything wrong with the cable modem/connection/router. Tech mentioned that many areas within the city where I live might not be fully upgraded to take avantage of this Blast package's download speed. I am not sure whether or not that is a fact. Can I please have someone look at my cable modem and see if it's been configured correctly?

Expert

Re: Not getting download speed of Blast 250

You can do some troubleshooting on your own here: troubleshooting guide. If you would like some input from the community, please post your equipment details and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem.You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

Official Employee

Hello kemcarem16, I can certainly look into your account and make sure everything is provisioned correctly. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Regular Visitor

Thanks nerdburg for the troubleshooting guide.

I found out that my speed tier is at 150 Mbps after using the guide. Looks like my speed tier has never been upgraded.

Expert

@ComcastAmir can fix that for you if you like. Send a PM. Smiley Happy