Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Netflix streaming blocked - possible answer

Frequent Visitor

Netflix streaming blocked - possible answer

My original question, original thread is now locked.

We have xfinity TV and Internet service at our house with the X1 DVR box. As of Monday morning all of our "Smart TV"s and "Smart Blu Ray"s can no longer connect to the Netflix servers. We can watch Netflix on both Android and Apple devices that are hooked to our WiFi. Can watch Netflix on a PC or Android device internet browser connected to Comcast Internet service. We CAN watch Netflix if we use the App on one of our X1 boxes. Simply put I see no other conclusion than Comcast has actively blocked our Smart TVs from accessing Netflix on purpose. Now, if there is another answer I would gladly accept it if we can get Netflix back on our TVs. Thank you.

Now as I've give this considerable thought. Nothing has changed on any of my devices or my network setup. Netflix is still unavailable to stream on any TV or Blu-Ray player. Hmmm.... I think Comcast wants to sell more cable boxes. So, any device that would "normally" be connected to a cable box to watch TV is now block from streaming Netflix through it's built in ap. You have to buy another comcast cable box for that TV. All about the $$$ people.

Expert

Re: Netflix streaming blocked - possible answer

Comcast is just passing data back and forth, they don't care what you do with your data. They are not blocking Netflix on specific devices or blocking Netflix in any way. Your issue lies elsewhere. 

Official Employee

@CivHunter

When attempting to stream from your devices are you using the primary email address that is associated with your Comcast/Netflix account? I'm able to access my Netflix account from 3 different devices other than my cable box. 

Problem Solver

@CivHunter wrote:

Now as I've give this considerable thought. Nothing has changed on any of my devices or my network setup. Netflix is still unavailable to stream on any TV or Blu-Ray player. Hmmm.... I think Comcast wants to sell more cable boxes. So, any device that would "normally" be connected to a cable box to watch TV is now block from streaming Netflix through it's built in ap. You have to buy another comcast cable box for that TV. All about the $$$ people.

Yeah....I don't think so. I can access Netflix on every single one of my devices, from my Sony Blu-ray player, my XBox One S, my Vizio Smart TV, all my iOS devices, both my Macs, my wife's laptop, my HTPC, and yes, my X1 4K cable box. 

BTW, this is what you wrote on your original thread:

@CivHunter wrote:

I have unplugged devices. Reset netflix on one of the TVs. No help. Haven't contacted netflix yet.

Why haven't you contacted Netflix about your issue yet? 

"Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman