Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Internet speed drop from 110mbps to 33mbps after upgrade to new modem and new plan

Regular Visitor

Internet speed drop from 110mbps to 33mbps after upgrade to new modem and new plan

Originally I have Motorola SB6120 and Performance w/ Blast.  My download speed was around 110mbps.  Comcast said the modem is no longer supported, so I upgrade it to XB3 and to a new plan Performance Plus w/ Extreme Pro.  My download speed dropped to around 33mbps.  I contacted support.  They say you should be using XB6 instead of XB3, so I upgraded the modem again to XB6.  Download speed up to around 50mbps.  I contacted support again 3 other times.  Everytime they just restart or told me to power cycle the modem, that did nothing at all!!!  Nothing was changed other than the modem at my end.  Anybody have any idea?

Expert

Re: Internet speed drop from 110mbps to 33mbps after upgrade to new modem and new plan

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

Regular Visitor

Re: Internet speed drop from 110mbps to 33mbps after upgrade to new modem and new plan

s1.png

Expert

@whui8,

I asked an employee to take a look at your account and modem health. You can expect a reply in this thread. 

Official Employee

@nerdburg wrote:

@whui8,

I asked an employee to take a look at your account and modem health. You can expect a reply in this thread. 

Just from looking at the screenshot, your modem's missing some channels(-53).There's about 7 or 8 more like that, the rest are good. Post a complete screenshot of all of your downstream channels. It's either your modem, the drop or your cabling. Your next door neighbor has a solid signal on those same frequencies.

Regular Visitor

d1-5.pngd6-11.pngd12-17.pngd18-23.pngd24-29.pngd30-32.png

Official Employee

@whui8 - I replied to your private message, thank you for sending your account information.