Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Internet and TV Trouble

Frequent Visitor

Internet and TV Trouble

For the past month I have been trouble with my TV and Internet service.  I recently purchased an Arris 8200 modem and has been working great.  About a month ago I have noticed that the modem will just suddenly reboot about 2-4 times a day.  I thought this was just something wrong with the modem but I have also started to notice my HD channels have been freezing and getting pixelated about as often as the modem issue.  Both started about the same time.

Connection Expert

Re: Internet and TV Trouble

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here; http://192.168.100.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

That is the weird part, I can not get to the modem's page.  When I type that address in, all I get is page not found.

Connection Expert

Try resetting it by holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 25 seconds and then see if that access address works after the modem comes back up. Still no joy ? Call 1-800-comcast and ask a rep to give you those signal stat figures.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

The SNR number is : 35.1 dB
Downstream Signal Quality (SNR):  36.7 dB
Transmit Power Level (upstream) (Dbmv):  46.5 dBmV
Frequent Visitor

Still having this trouble.... a couple of times last night lost internet connection from the modem.  This morning woke up my modem only had the first light solid and the second light blinking.  Power cycled the modem and the internet came back up.

Service Expert

hicksb15 wrote:

Still having this trouble.... a couple of times last night lost internet connection from the modem.  This morning woke up my modem only had the first light solid and the second light blinking.  Power cycled the modem and the internet came back up.

You might have an issue with the power suppled to the modem.  Is there another outlet you can try temporarily with an extension cord?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Connection Expert

hicksb15 wrote:
The SNR number is : 35.1 dB
Downstream Signal Quality (SNR):  36.7 dB

These two figures contradict each other. They should be one in the same as they both say that they are the "SNR"... That rep is giving you wrong numbers or just making stuff up as they typically do..... Did they not give you any downstream power level numbers ? And you want to know the figures for all the channels, not just one.

This is what you need to get;

The *Downstream Power Levels*, the *Upstream Power Levels*, and the *SNR's* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers for all channels.

Call in again and hopefully try to get a rep that knows what they are doing. Good luck !

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Tried a different outlet already.  Removed the power supply from a power strip and directly into a wall outlet as well.  Will call back in to get the numbers again, say a prayer.

Frequent Visitor

I have been unsuccessful in getting anyone to get me the information that has been requested.  I have called in and chatted online to support agent 10 times.  I have had my modem reinitialized and connected to a new "server" and moved to a less congested network and still having trouble daily losing internet connection.  Is there not a comcast rep on this forum that can look into this and see about a connection issue between my house and main office?!

Frequent Visitor

FYI... I was finally able to get a tech to come to the house.  He replaced my splitters and reterminated my coax ends.  Hopefully this corrects the issue.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation