Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Internet Issues: Twitch Buffering and Freezing A lot Lately??

New Poster

Internet Issues: Twitch Buffering and Freezing A lot Lately??

My issue: Lately when I try to watch Twitch the videos (live or in archive) they freeze a lot or buffer or become laggy. At times the video will start freeze but the audio continues to play and/or it starts lagging and I’ll have to refresh to fix it but it continues again shortly after that. I’m not sure why this is happening so much but it makes watching Twitch close to impossible!! I have tried both chrome and edge browsers and both act the same. When I use my iPhone it doesn’t seem to act up like this when I don’t use my Xfinity internet, I’m gonna see if it does the same using Xfinity wifi to watch twitch on my iPhone today. I am loosing my patience with Xfinity so I figured I’d try writing here to hopefully resolve my issue without talking to Xfinity via phone. I have also tried changing twitch video resolution to lower settings even though my internet should play the best video quality but nothing I have done helps!

If you need any info to better help me just reply and I’ll respond ASAP. I’ve listed some of my info below. Your help is appreciated!! Smiley Happy

How long has this issue been occurring: I’m not 100% sure how long this has been happening but I’ve noticed it for the past month or longer, I don’t recall it always was like this though or I know I would have called Xfinity or asked for help if it was an issue for me before. One thing I’ll note is I have been getting close to using the max data limit, last month I went over a bit but it used my courtesy credit. I’m starting to wonder if Xfinity is throttling Twitch because we watch it a lot and are getting close to reaching max data limit? I chatted with a Xfinity rep last month about getting unlimited internet but they said I have the free 2 courtesy credit months so I’m waiting. I don’t like that I’ll have to pay $50 more a month on top of what I already pay to not have the fear of going over but I’m wondering if this twitch Buffering is more so Xfinity throttling?

I believe I am on the Extreme 250mbps Plan. I always try to get the best and fastest speeds available and they say this is it. They do offer the gigabit but it’s WAY TOO EXPENSIVE compared to other companies and they say my upload will still be the same which doesn’t seem worth it?!
Expert