members

online now

discussions

Internet Connectivity Issues

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2
I've been experiencing intermittent connectivity for the last 2 weeks, basically since I upgraded my service to a higher bandwidth. The loss of connection occurs at random times and for random intervals. I have had two techs come out and check things out. The first tech did nothing to solve the problem. The second tech replaced all lines a couplings from the street to my modem. Of course, the problem re-occurred only after he left. Googling this issue, I found many references to this issue but no solutions. All I found was a link to a program that monitors and logs internet connection losses. I have attached a partial log of such instances. I would appreciate learning of the real solution for this problem.
1 REPLY
Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 2 of 2

Start with the modem's signal stats. Perhaps they already are, or they are close to being out of spec and intermittently they go completely of spec. Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Is this a WiFi connection ?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon