Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Intermittent internet drops

New Poster

Intermittent internet drops

For the past couple months, I have had intermittent internet drops. I have had two tech visits in which they were not able to solve anything. The first tech visit, the tech just removed the commscope amplifier and used a splitter in its place. The next tech visit, the tech replaced a cable and reconnected the amplifier. Neither of these tech visits improved anything. After, I bought a new modem, the Arris SB6183. This did not improve anything, except for that I can monitor my upstream and downstream levels. I was able to improve the power levels by moving the modem to a different room with a direct line from the drop to the modem, no amplification. After this, I was getting around 40 SNR, -5 dbmv downstream, and 45 dbmv upstream. At this point, I was still getting intermittent outages. Even though the levels looked fine, I ordered an active return amp and installed it at the drop. My levels now look like the attached picture. This seems to be the best configuration so far. I have had the most consistent uptime with this configuration, but there have still been 3 times the connection dropped. I imagine this is a problem with the line from the pole to the drop, which needs to be replaced. How would I go about getting this line replaced?

dcac6f645fb9ef804f81220e068a5b0c.png
Connection Expert

Re: Intermittent internet drops

Call 1800comcast and try to book a tech visit.The tech will determine what needs to be done.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Intermittent internet drops

Hi brandonn, I can get someone out to look into your connection issue. First I need to verify your account, can you please send me a private message by clicking on my name and provide your account number, street address, and the name on the account?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon