Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

I was at my local xFinity store. They said that gig has no data caps ?

Frequent Visitor

I was at my local xFinity store. They said that gig has no data caps ?

Is this true? If i buy myself a modem while expensive, i can make unlimited data again a reality. And it'll only be an extra $20 per month than what i'm already paying.

At the moment i have to REALLY try hard to stay under my 1TB limit. I tell the kids sorry no downloading any games usually towards the last 10days. Its such a headache. Really makes me hate Comcast putting us all through this ! My 11 yr old and 13yr old have both grown up hating comcast.   Both Sony and Microsoft are both losing out cos of these caps.. no point have PSN + or Gold. Not so i end up having to pay an extra $50 per month.

Anyway there's no way on earth l i'm paying Comcast that extra $50 per month. They already get enough out of me, from all the other stuff i have with them, DVR HD Blast, HBO and Showtime.... If i go over, then so be it, i'll just cancel. Actually i wish we could all do that.. Say you know what. Lets all go on strike. Take all services away for ONE month in protest.. 

They'd soon ditch the caps. 

Problem Solver

Re: I was at my local xFinity store. They said that gig has no data caps ?

If your area currently has data caps for other tiers than do does the Gigabit Tier. The only tier with no data caps at all is Gigabit Pro.
Expert

Re: I was at my local xFinity store. They said that gig has no data caps ?

Modems alone have nothing to do with the datacap. And FWIW, the Gigabit Pro speed tier is only available in areas where FTTH (Fiber To The Home) service is available.

You could also opt for a Business Class Service subscription which does not have any datacap.