Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

I can see other Wi-Fi SSID's when I log into the Xfinity Gateway -- Also connection issues

New Poster

I can see other Wi-Fi SSID's when I log into the Xfinity Gateway -- Also connection issues

I'm using a TG1682G, Windows 10, wired connection to my computer (which is having connection issues)

E.g.  My SSID isn't these, but when I attempt to log in to the Gateway, I can see them listed.  When I restarted the router, my default Wi-Fi SSID disappeared, but these remain.  Is this some sort of line crossing issue?   It will change between the two listed below, and another Wi-Fi SSID that isn't mine, either.

I only noticed this after trying to troubleshoot some connectivity issues going back the last couple days.  I have a tech scheduled to come out tomorrow to check my issues.  

I keep getting time-outs,server connection issues and it all points to a DNS issue with Comcast.   I have restarted the router, ran numerous anti-malware and anti-virus scans, tried to do manual DNS settings (google, freedns), did a system restore...the issue still remains.  

I live in an apartment complex, and have had numerous issues with intermittant connections going back several months.  

Also, whenever I attempt to log into 10.0.0.1, it keeps prompting me that the password is incorrect, or when I do log in, it asks me to log in again.  

So, TLDR

I have a connection issue, I can't maintain the connection to 10.0.0.1 to attempt to tweak settings, and it appears that my Gateway is broadcasting numerous Wi-Fi SSID's and/or it is detecting them on my Gateway as the default (which they are not).

xfinity error.PNG
New Poster

Re: I can see other Wi-Fi SSID's when I log into the Xfinity Gateway -- Also connection issues

I did a Wireless Network Watcher and have detected a couple of "questionable" devices connected to my Gateway

As you can see  10.0.0.1 is the Gateway,  10.0.0.47 is my PC,  10.0.0.227 is my Iphone.

But the other three devices, I have no clue what they are

Hu(i) Zhou Gaoshengda Technology Co.,LTD

AzureWave Technology Inc.

Naray Information & Communication Enterprise

wireless network watcher.PNG
Regular Contributor

Re: I can see other Wi-Fi SSID's when I log into the Xfinity Gateway -- Also connection issues

Look for support guides on Xfinty or the web and disable broadcast of your wifi and limit connection by mac addresses you know.

Expert

FWIW, this one is legit: Naray Information & Communication Enterprise.

That MAC addresses of them point to Naray Communications Enterprise which is an actual electronics mfgr. in Taiwan. It is the built in hardware firewall of the gateway device. See this thread for some info;

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Home-Networking-Router-WiFi/unknown-node-on-my-LAN/m-p/2407079#M80235