members

online now

discussions

Hurricane Harvey - Wifi Hotspots Open

Posted by
Administrator

Message 1 of 5

harvey.jpg

To help residents and emergency personnel stay connected during this time, we have also opened up free XFINITY WiFi hotspots to anyone in the Houston Region who needs them, including non-XFINITY Internet subscribers. The XFINITY WiFi hotspots were opened at 12:00 PM ET on Thursday, August 25th and will remain open through 12:00 PM ET on Saturday, September 30th.

To access local XFINITY WiFi hotspots, users should:

• Visit xfinity.com/wifi for a map of XFINITY WiFi hotspots, which are located both indoors and outdoors.
  • Once at a hotspot, select "xfinitywifi" from the list of available networks, and then launch a browser.
  • XFINITY Internet customers can sign in using their username and password to be automatically connected at XFINITY WiFi hotspots in the future.
  • Non-XFINITY Internet subscribers should visit the "Not an XFINITY Internet Customer" section of the sign-in page to get started.
  • Non-subscribers will be able to renew their complimentary sessions every two hours through 12:00 PM ET on September 30th.

If you reside in the Houston area and need equipment replaced, would like to request a credit to your account, or have any other questions, please complete the form located here, and we’ll have a team member get back to you as soon as possible.

For additional support information see here.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
4 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 5
I created a profile and got o a Xfinity wifi hotspot but it only allowed me an hour then it asked me to pay for additional time. Did I do something wrong I am in Houston near downtown.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 3 of 5

Your map is inherently flawed. It is counting and showing areas that are under 5-10 foot of water. Why lie even during a natural disaster like this? Who exactly benefits from a boasted fake number of Xfinity WiFi that actually is not doing me any good any way despite seeing one of them (signal is never good enough 100 ft away). Please, do not lie.

See attached image, I have marked on the map at least one of the areas that is currently under water and mostly without residents or power really, that's got to be a few hundred or more in there that are not properly excluded from your claims.

Also why can't you guys provide us with meaningful statements, why do you keep telling me 2pm every day, then it turns into 10pm, and then I get a text message the outage is cleared and it clearly is not when I check my router or my xfinity app... This repeat bsing and lying has to stop.

out of service.png
Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 5

Any news on the internet outage in your area getting fixed? I keep getting the run around of 2pm -> 10pm -> 4am -> etc., etc.. It never ends. I am getting extremely frustrated as well.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 5 of 5

This is how you know a company and its reps have been ordered to bs you.

Army: Your **** will be under water for 2 weeks.

Xfinity from day 1: We show 1:30pm today as an estimated time of repair, this can change. There are a lot of nodes in your area that need repairs.

Every 6 hour you just get a new bs script and time. Oh nodes are being repaired? Why lie? Just say our **** is under water and you will not have internet for 2-3 weeks. Is it that hard?

Then I know to switch to U-verse because all along my neighbors have had it without any issues even during the highest waters. In fact, today I am doing that at 10AM, calling them to see how they will be jumping at this given how you are treating your paying customers with dishonesty and utter disrespect when it comes to your words. But this is after all that good old rebranded monopoly of Comcast we are talking about after all. No love lost. In any case I am probably dropping you guys if you cannot restore my service by end of this week. THIS. IS. RIDICULOUS.