Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

How to change password on Xfinity's Arris TG1682G router. Not the wifi password!

New Poster

How to change password on Xfinity's Arris TG1682G router. Not the wifi password!

Hello, I read that the FBI is suggesting that people change the password on their routers. (Apparently about 500k routers are vulnerable to a malware attack.) I have an Xfinity TG1682G router. I have the password that is printed on the sticker on the side of the router/modem combo black box.  I called Xfinity support and they would only help me change my wifi password.  This was not helpful. (Since I am paying for a service support contract and to rent the Xfinity router, I would like Xfinity to answer this question.)

I want to change the router password.  My question is how do I do I change the router password on the Xfinity Arris TG1682G router?  Then, once I change the password, do I need to change any of my other Xfinity account settings in order to still connect to the internet?

Thank you.

Expert

Re: How to change password on Xfinity's Arris TG1682G router. Not the wifi password!

Default user: admin

Default password: password

Once you are logged in, you can then change the password for the device.