online now

discussions

How do I set up my fax machine?

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5 (3,340 Views)

How do I set up my fax machine?

I have a lexmark x125 all in one printer. Do I need to get a extra number from comcast for my fax? If not how do I set up my Fax machine to my existing number?
4 REPLIES
Posted by
Networking Expert

Message 2 of 5 (3,334 Views)

Re: How do I set up my fax machine?

It's up to you whether you want a seperate fax phone number or not.  But hooking up the fax is simple, just run a phone line from your wall outlet to your fax machine.  I assume you're asking because you have Comcast Digital Voice.  There's nothing special you need to do, anything you can connect to a regular phone line you can connect to the phone line provided by your EMTA.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 5 (3,159 Views)

Having comcast digital voice, you do not use a 'wall outlet', it goes through a modem. I sure hope you do not work for comcast.

Posted by
Networking Expert

Message 4 of 5 (3,154 Views)

Considering that most home wall phone outlets all lead back to a common point where the E-MTA is usually placed, this will work just fine in most setups.  And you're right I don't work for Comcast, if I did my name would be in RED.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Edited on
‎05-31-2011 11:27 AM

Connection Expert

Message 5 of 5 (3,153 Views)

[ Edited ]

I think it is you who has misunderstood Baric's post. And FWIW this is a two year old thread that you have revived.

Older thread locked.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon