New Poster

How can I purchase a POD?

How do you purchase a POD?

Expert

Re: How can I purchase a POD?

Link?

Is this what you are referring to?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-xFi/XFINITY-xFi/m-p/2902955#M254460

"Later this year, Comcast will launch no-configuration, adaptive xFi pods that can be paired with either the xFi Wireless Gateway or the xFi Advanced Gateway, which will help customers extend their Wi-Fi coverage to even the most remote areas of their homes. The company has made an investment in Plume, a leading developer of distributed Wi-Fi software and systems, and is working with them to combine the technologies of Plume and xFi into a unified experience that improves throughput and consistency to individual devices and provides even easier and more seamless whole-home Wi-Fi coverage."

There will probably be a big announcement when they are available.

New Poster

When will the Xfinity Pods be avaiable in Denver CO?

Expert
New Poster

Well,

The service is still being rolled out in many areas.

I just had my Gigabit service installed this week.

The pods seem to be pretty "elusive" at the moment. I say this for the following reasons:

1. I can't seem to order them online. Despite references to ordering a self-install kit.

2. My local flagship store (well its new and the tech called it a flagship) does not have the pods and told me a technician needed to bring them to me.

3. Store set up apointment and I hade severla conversations with the original installer and several supervisors today and cancel the follow-up visit.

There are Plume pods available elsewhere ($179 for 3). But 3 from Comcast are only $119. I think I will just wait it out and see if they become available!

I can say the 3 different Comcast reps did suggest other options like EERO or Plum (from other sources). I think I will just wait.

Expert