Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Great speedtest upload speeds, horrible everywhere else - months later no resolution

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 1

With the exception of Comcast's speedtest site, my upload speeds are horrible. 20MB up with the test and I'm lucky if I can get 2MB using Vimeo, Google Drive, Hightail, dropbox.....

Here is what I have done to troubleshoot.

-Hooked directly with ethernet to modem

-Tried laptop as well as desktop (wifi and ethernet)

-Tried iPad and iPhone

-Went to neighbor's house who has Xfinity and same exact result.

-When I travel for work I get great upload speeds to these same file services (issue is not with them)

-When I use my ATT cellular connection on my iPhone with the same sites I get much better speeds

-Changed router to latest Xfinity model

-Signal is fine when tested

-No improvement after reboot

This is what my experience has been with Comcast:

-3 Calls to customer service

-1st tech visit from a contractor who told me "Problem is not with your equipment or signal but unless multiple people complain they will not send engineers to check the node"\

-2nd tech visit said "You signal is fine but since your upload speed to comcast is ok they will not look into it"

I'm at my wits end with them right now. There is obviously something wrong but the hassle it takes to get through to anyone is ridiculous. I know if I call again I am only going to get a service call from a tech who can not solve this. I don't know who to even contact to complain.

I just signed up for ATT internet today, they offer greater that 2MB upload speeds. Not ideal but I am at a loss. Any idea what the problem is so I can educate the next tech who comes to my house?