members

online now

discussions

Gigabit Internet Speed

Posted by
Edited on :
‎06-30-2016 11:46 AM

Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 50 of 121 (4,512 Views)

Gig service

[ Edited ]

When will gigabyte service be available in my area?

Posted by
Administrator

Message 51 of 121 (4,469 Views)

Re: Gig service

Hi Eagleman555 -- I've place a Lead Track for your account. A member who handles these requests will contact you with more information about product availability.  

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor

Message 52 of 121 (4,409 Views)

No one has contacted me yet... Still waiting.
Posted by
Administrator

Message 53 of 121 (4,368 Views)

I checked up on this. Your address is too far from the nearest Fiber Node (must be within 1/3 of a mile) and won't be able to get gigabyte service. At this time, there is no ETA to extend this out to your area. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 54 of 121 (4,442 Views)

Gigabit Internet - Atlanta

Like a lot of people, I signed up the same day this form was made available (back in March): 

http://www.xfinity.com/xfinity-one-gig-signup

I've been waiting patiently for a response - Strangely enough, a friend who lives less than 2 miles away from me currently has Gigabit service in their home. Further, I live right above a new Xfinity store (Literally, the only thing between me and the store is about a foot of concrete and rebar). All the agents I've spoken to have told me that the 1 Gigabit service is available in my area, however, all of them have directed me to the same form I filled out earlier this year. Would it be possible to at least get a yay or nay on my ability to get this service - or will it continue to be radio silence? 

Thanks!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 55 of 121 (4,358 Views)

Re: Gigabit Internet - Atlanta

H3XX,

I apologize for the trouble you are having. I will be sending you a private message to further assist you. You can click on my name ComcastKellye and click on "Private Message Me”. 

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope 

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums. 

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting. 

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Posted by
Edited on
‎08-31-2016 08:56 PM

Regular Contributor

Message 57 of 121 (4,268 Views)

Re: Gigabit Internet

[ Edited ]
For that type of plan, it could use a higher upload speed along with it being not over $100/month.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 58 of 121 (4,194 Views)

Are all of these deals for Gig speeds only by itself? I have the highest Quad-Play bundle possible, and my speeds are Extreme 150. There's no way to get gig speed bundled?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 59 of 121 (4,154 Views)

1 Gig service is scheduled to be launched in my area in Q4. Any chance of getting a closer date than just 4th quarter?

CIAO!

Ed N.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 60 of 121 (4,099 Views)

Looking at today's plans I am a little perplexed at the logic of the comcast offering. Comcast business has offered 500/500 MB fiber tiers for a while. However now there is a 2gb tier for the same cost. There is no one gig tier in fiber despite docsis 3.1 gig service only offering 35 mb uploads? Why? What other major service provider does this? If you seriously think anyone would select docsis 3.1 over google, att, or fios you are insane.

Furthermore I have attempted to get the gigabit pro service in my area but no one knows anything. I would have liked to have gotten it during the $150 special but I could not even get comcast home or business to call back. Kind of like when I called about getting the box on the side of my house moved before attaching a garage. The customer service rep simply said I couldn't get a garage attached there and someone would call me. Needless to say I connected the garage there.

So I went out to the pole and the fiber and connection for the neighborhood is 300feet from our house. If connecting under the road is an issue, it wasn't when Verizon redid the fiber when the changed the road, I would farm out the conduit service and trenching for Comcast.

Anyway, it seems the only option is dreadfully uploads with coax. I also have serous doubts that comcast will EVER actually provide 35 up since I am currently paying for the 150/25 tier and I am being capped at 12 just like thousands of other customers.
Posted by
Administrator

Message 61 of 121 (4,092 Views)

egnlsn -- We don't have a set date for Gigabit Internet in your area yet. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 62 of 121 (4,034 Views)

Thank You!

ComcastZach wrote:

egnlsn -- We don't have a set date for Gigabit Internet in your area yet. 

CIAO!

Ed N.
Posted by
Administrator

Message 63 of 121 (4,011 Views)

egnlsn - You're welcome. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 64 of 121 (3,714 Views)

So I signed up to get more information on gig service in my area (zip code 60514) and I have yet to receive a followup email weeks later. While reading this topic I noticed that others had a similar problem and that some kind Comcast/Xfinity folks were able to follow up. I would appreciate the same consideration.

I could really use gig service. Anyone know if it's getting rolled out in my area yet (or how I can check myself)?

Posted by
Administrator

Message 65 of 121 (3,693 Views)

cremes -- Gigabit Internet is available in your area. All service sign-ups for Gigabit Internet are done through this site: http://www.xfinity.com/gig

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 66 of 121 (3,663 Views)

Superb. Glad to hear it's available here. 

BTW, just received an email from Xfinity asking me to be patient. Apparently there is a lot of interest in gig service... Smiley Wink

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 67 of 121 (3,329 Views)

I to have recieved the email that states, You're in! Gigabit Internet
updates are coming your way
. It has been a week a still nothing. I did a few days before recieve a call back that i am close enough for 2 gig connection but i dont want to pay the install. Is there any way to find out that gigabyte connection is not to far down the pipe?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 68 of 121 (3,250 Views)

Just got a call from Support. My gig-E service will be installed this coming Thursday (Nov 3). I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

BTW, I asked if I could supply my own DOCSIS 3.1 modem. Support said that none are available for purchase (I confirmed this with an Amazon search) so I'll have to rent. I'll be paying $200/month flat for the double-play service which is GigInternet and Xfinity-X1 TV.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 69 of 121 (3,195 Views)

My GigE service was installed this morning. To give you an indication how new this is, my installer said I was only the second one he had done.

The modem provided is a Technicolor TC4400-CMT. This is not available for retail (and as of this writing there aren't any DOCSIS 3.1 modems available retail). Additionally, they also provided a Netgear Nighthawk X6 wireless router. This router provides 802.11ac support (AC3200) and can handle multi-gigabyte wireless speeds. This stuff is all part of the $10/month rental. (If you have a working router with lots of services already enabled like openvpn then just swap back in your old router after they leave.)

Installation was as simple as replacing my SB1641 with the Technicolor modem and swapping out the routers (I had an ASUS AC-68U).

The installer tested the connection using a raspberry-pi device direct to the modem. Mine showed 940Mbps down and 42Mbps up. This is apparently as fast as it will go right now since there is (according to installer) some 60Mbps overhead, so 940 is max downstream.

Connecting my computer (wired) and running the speedtest.xfinity.com test showed 750Mbps down and 35Mbps up.

Service is running nicely.

There were a few bumps in the road that I'll document here. 

1. There are two ports on the Technicolor modem. Only one of them is activated, so if the internet link won't come up try the other port.

2. The Netgear router will not detect the Internet if the modem has already provided an IP to another directly connected device and then you move the cables. Even though the Netgear should get a new IP allocated and see to the outside, it doesn't work. You must reboot the router.

3. The safest boot sequence is as follows. One, boot the modem until it has negotiated its link. This is indicated by all lights turning solid green except for the link light. Two, power on the router. Router takes about 3-4 minutes to boot! The Internet light will remain amber colored until it negotiates a link to the outside. At that point, it should turn white to indicate a good Internet connection.

Make sure you update the router password. By default it is set to admin/password which is very insecure. The installer will make sure the firmware is up-to-date prior to leaving but it doesn't hurt to click the "upgrade" button anyway to make sure. Smiley Happy

Lastly, the installer made sure to tell me to check my datacap online. I mentioned that I heard there was NO CAP for Gig service but he couldn't confirm that. I'll post a follow up when I have confirmation one way or the other.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 70 of 121 (3,146 Views)

cremes wrote:

Lastly, the installer made sure to tell me to check my datacap online. I mentioned that I heard there was NO CAP for Gig service but he couldn't confirm that. I'll post a follow up when I have confirmation one way or the other.

An older post, but that would depend on if you got the 3 year unlimited promotion $70 a month with $10 modem rental, which Comcast are offering in certain areas. If you didn't then it may be subject to the cap. I believe you can pay $50 a month extra to get unlimited, but if paying the full price, that would be pretty hefty.

From what I've seen lately, Comcast are being picky about who they offer the promotion to

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-06-2016 01:23 PM

Problem Solver

Message 71 of 121 (3,054 Views)

[ Edited ]

I had my Gigabit Internet installed a few days ago.  (I'm living in suburban Chicago).   My experience was similar to what creme experienced above.  In my case two Comcast technicians came out.  One was a supervisor training another installer.  They rang the bell and said they needed to put new wiring outside before they did anything inside.  I mentioned that my levels as seen on my old Arris TG1682G administration page were perfect.  They said, "yeah but your upstream levels which you cannot see aren't good."   

About an hour later they began to work inside.  As creme stated they bring a Technicolor TC4400-CMT modem and Netgear Nighthawk X6 router.  The tech made a call to a mysterious private Comcast number and gave them my account information.  Before he learned anything he had to give them his Comcast employee ID, I guess to make sure it wasn't some pesky customer trying to self install.   The modem was activated and hooked up to the router.  A few minutes later he tested the Internet speed on my desktop connected by Ethernet to the router.

The download  speed zoomed up to 950 Mbps, upload was 42 Mbps.   Wireless connections were much less.  My Yoga 900 laptop gave me 452 Mbps when in the same room as the Nighthawk.  On the other side of the house it held steady at 170 Mbps.  My android phone in the same room connected at 240 Mbps.  Upload speeds on all devices remained solid at 42 Mbps.

Other thoughts:

Now I have THREE Comcast provided units for this service.  In addition to the modem and router, since I have Comcast Voice I needed to keep my old TG1682G gateway strictly for telephone service (the tech wisely turned off its radio signals without me having to ask.)

The Nighthawk router takes up ALOT of real estate on my desk.  It looks like some kind of extraterrestrial flying ship.  The Comcast tech before I could say anything mentioned that in his earlier installs other customers wanted to use their own routers.  He obliged and connected them up but NONE of them could equal the speed of the Nighthawk and he wound up installing one at each location.  

The Comcast techs who came out were very courteous and knowledgeable and made sure they answered every question before they left.  

Posted by
Visitor
Message 72 of 121 (3,001 Views)

Hi 

I am interested in signing up for gigabit over d 3.1. After completing the form and a 2 month wait I was called by a sales agent offered 70$ per month unlimited data 3 year contract or 140$ month no contract with 1 tb cap. I said I would consider my options and they said that is fine give us a call back. When I called back wanting to sign up for the 70$ deal the rep said that was not available in my area. Now every time I call back it says thank you for calling comcast our offices are currently closed. It was 5 o clock on a monday night when I called the sales rep called me at 6:30 on a Thursday night. Am I missing something here? 

Thanks!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 73 of 121 (2,953 Views)

Just wanted to state my experience of having the 1 gig install done a few days ago.  I am located in Rockford, IL.  I filled out the form about 2 months ago and just now had it installed a few days ago.  I am getting 950mbps+ on the download and 40mbps on the upload.  It took about 2 hours for them to install it as they had to run all new cable to the modem to ensure that it has a clean signal.  They also replaced all of the connections on my cable boxes so they wouldn't interfere with the signal.  They gave me a Technicolor TC4400-CMT modem and I am currently using a Netgear Nighthawk X8 R8500 router.  If there are any questions feel free to ask them.

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-11-2016 03:20 PM

Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations, you've have started 5 topics! Your communication brings an abundance of information to the community!

Message 74 of 121 (2,895 Views)

[ Edited ]

i live next to the area were in the map says i have it am in chicago next to it and costomer services sound confusied  i pay allot money that i can move to webpass or kansas to get google fiber or comcast xl 1000 promo 140 dollers and the sller who i talk make it sound as false avertisend as this freaud costomer services

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 75 of 121 (2,819 Views)

I got a call on Nov 2 saying it is in my area. That tech has to come to test the lines and deliver the modem. Lady said, that the tech would be here at 12 to 5 pm nov 9. Never came or called. called comcast they had no order even list.
Then I asked if they could send Docsis 3.1 modem, for no charge they sent a 3.0 and charged me.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 76 of 121 (2,534 Views)

I just had this service installed also and at first it didn't go so well. After a second tech came out he ran another line to the modem however he still has the line going to a splitter outside instead of direct to modem is this normal? My issue is that my download speed is only 420mb which makes no sense. You would think it would be at least 750 or higher. I have same equipment as others on here. I already had a nighthawk router and didn't keep the Comcast one as it's same as mine. I am hard wired and using cat6 cable. So I am not even getting 50% of the advertised speed. I am in Chicago. For those that have a new line run direct to your modem did they add a splitter on the outside or did it go direct from pole right to your modem?
Posted by
Edited on
‎11-22-2016 10:24 AM

Problem Solver

Message 77 of 121 (2,510 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sabre31 -

In my case the line comes directly into my house and then goes into a splitter with one connection to the modem and the other to the TV's in my home, so it sounds like it's basically the same setup you have.

I did notice that after my install my download speed was also around 420 Mpbs. as you are experiencing   I figured it was a Comcast problem, but just to be sure I bypassed my Nighthawk router and connected the modem DIRECTLY into my computer by Ethernet.  After rebooting everything  I was amazed to see my speed was the full 960 Mpbs!!   I realized the problem was the ROUTER!.

I hooked the router back in, connected by Ethernet as I was before, and the speed dropped again. I experimented with the router administration page for awhile. I discovered that the cause was that I enabled the Nighthawk's "Traffic Meter."   I disabled the traffic meter and I'm back at full speed with my router in the system.

Bottom line, to check your Comcast speed you need to bypass the router to see if it's causing the 'logjam"

-Alan

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 78 of 121 (2,495 Views)

Thank you so much I will try this.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 79 of 121 (2,486 Views)

Those with Gigabit Intenet, is anyone using an AC1900 Router (Specifically the Asus RT-AC68P from Best Buy)?  Curious as to how its performing, and how your wired/wireless speeds have been. Wondering if this router is suitable or moving to the RT3100 Asus is better.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 80 of 121 (2,461 Views)

Hi gizbug -

I think most folks receiving Comcast Gigabit Internet are sticking with the provided Nighthawk X6 router Comcast provides.  My installer told me that in earlier installs customers had asked to keep their personal routers, he hooked them up and none of them could match the Gigabit speed so each of them wound up using the Nighthawk.  

I don't think it's a bad deal.  Realize that for a 10 dollar a month rental fee you get the Technicolor Docsis 3.1 modem, a new X6 router which Best Buy is selling for 300 dollars, and if you have Comcast Voice, an Arris modem just for telephone service and if anything goes wrong with any of them, Comcast will replace them.  

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 81 of 121 (2,432 Views)

Alan, Thanks so much for all your help this worked. The traffic manager was the issue. So glad. I should have kept the Comcast nighthawk. I had same model but they had a brand new one in box. However I am hoping the installer properly removed it from my profile. When you check your Comcast account does the wireless router show up as an equipment under your account ?

Also are you guys getting charged double rental fee? $10/month for new gig modem and $10/month for old modem which still has my phone? I feel they should not charge for both as it's not my fault they don't have a docsis 3.1 modem with voip support yet.
Posted by
Edited on
‎11-22-2016 08:51 PM

Regular Contributor

Message 82 of 121 (2,418 Views)

[ Edited ]
Some systems, mainly the ones that don't let you have your own voice equipment don't even charge for the voice modem rental as long as its coded properly to tell it voice only. I think I know why you are getting double charged. If you bought into gigabit internet while already having an internet included in a package deal you still technically have the other internet package so both modems could actually be activated but one for gigabit internet and one for the older package.
Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 83 of 121 (2,406 Views)
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 84 of 121 (2,413 Views)

Thanks for the info that is my exact issue. However should I call and tell them to code my old modem as voice only and not charge me? I just hate dealing with Comcast support as they will always mess something up and next thing you know they remove my modem all together and cancel my line.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 85 of 121 (2,409 Views)

It depends on the system like I said. You could try and make sure your other modem has only CDV rate codes and boot files and provisioning only.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 86 of 121 (2,406 Views)

I'm only charged ONE 10 dollar a month fee for all THREE boxes, the modem, router and voice modem.  You shouldn't have to call them, if you have Comcast Voice the installer should have taken care of what needs to be done.  Comcast won't charge you for an extra voice modem.   To be honest I don't care how they code anything.  That's their problem,   I know my old  Arris has had its wi-fi radios turned off and I'm not charged extra for it. 

And it's interesting.  My hardware listed online only shows my Technicolor Docsis 3.1 modem and the Arris Voice modem.  It does not list the Nighthawk at all.   I imagine somewhere it's documented that I have their router, so I'm not planning to sell it on Ebay anytime soon.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 87 of 121 (2,230 Views)

Please fix the IPv6 issue with the gigabit service in Chicago.  Not getting any IPv6 addresses with my ASUS 3100 router.  Also Test-IPv6.com  fails on finding ipv6 address.

Thanks

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-27-2016 08:09 PM

Problem Solver

Message 88 of 121 (2,226 Views)

[ Edited ]

I don't think the problem is with Comcast.  I'm in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and the last thing my installer did was to turn on the IPv6 on the Nighthawk router they lent to me.  It's working fine.  

Posted by
Contributor

Message 89 of 121 (2,207 Views)

Reading on the net, seems to be related to comcast.

Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) appears to be COMCAST-7922 - Comcast Cable Communications, LLC, US

No IPv6 address detected [more info]

Good news! Your current configuration will continue to work as web sites enable IPv6.

You appear to be able to browse the IPv4 Internet only. You will not be able to reach IPv6-only sites.

Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have IPv6 Internet access.

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-27-2016 09:26 PM

Problem Solver

Message 90 of 121 (2,205 Views)

[ Edited ]

When I go to test-IPv6.com I get:

Your IPv4 address on the public Internet appears to be xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Your IPv6 address on the public Internet appears to be xxxx:xxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx

Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) appears to be COMCAST-7922 - Comcast Cable Communications, LLC, US

Since you have IPv6, we are including a tab that shows how well you can reach other IPv6 sites. [more info]

Good news! Your current configuration will continue to work as web sites enable IPv6.

Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have IPv6 Internet access.
Your readiness score
10/10 for your IPv6 stability and readiness, when publishers are forced to go IPv6 only
Posted by
Contributor

Message 91 of 121 (2,209 Views)

Found out the gigabit modem is bad. its not receiving an updated firmware. They are coming out tuesday to replace

Posted by
Contributor

Message 92 of 121 (2,162 Views)

New modem did not fix the ipv6 issue. I guess these Technicolor modems don't like ASUS routers?

Shame

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 93 of 121 (2,115 Views)

The traffic meter must be turned off and also the dynamic QOS. QoS isn't needed on a connection this fast and the processor can't handle the speeds. It's a limitation in every single router that has ever been sold.
Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 94 of 121 (2,096 Views)

nrs83 wrote:
The traffic meter must be turned off and also the dynamic QOS. QoS isn't needed on a connection this fast and the processor can't handle the speeds. It's a limitation in every single router that has ever been sold.

You should quote who you are replying to.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 95 of 121 (1,542 Views)

Can you provide any technical contact information?  I've gone through the regular support channels as a result of losing HBO for no reason a few hours after my gigabit upgrade today.  There were a few delays getting the modem activated, but it finally did and the  tech took the old voice modem when he left.  Not that I used the phone service anyway.  Everything was fine for a few hours, but I noticed then that did not appear to be active on my account which it has been for years on a Triple Play package.  Regular support says they can't break it apart without lowering the internet speed and they have no way of contacting the gigabit support department.

Please help if you can.

Thanks.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 96 of 121 (1,507 Views)

Does anyone have any advice for me? I'd like to use the service but if I can't as I want to then, I'll stick with my old plan. 

Was presented to me as still being able to use my own devices (router included)

- Comcast support indicated I was not allowed to, even though my device supports it (Cisco 2821 w/2x Gig ports)

I saw some people have their own Routers successfully hooked up to the modems, what gives? 

Market: Atlanta, GA

Posted by
Edited on
‎12-22-2016 04:28 PM

Problem Solver

Message 97 of 121 (1,495 Views)

[ Edited ]

Somj20 -

I have the gigabit service in Chicago.  Here they had no problem allowing me to use any router I wanted to, in fact the installer hooked up their Technicolor modem to my router himself. Unfortunately mine did not give me the full gigabit speed, so he then hooked up the Netgear Nighthawk router he brought with him which worked perfectly. 

If for some reason in Atlanta they tell you that you have to use their router, since there is absolutely nothing in any contract you have with Comcast to the contrary, just hook up your router after he leaves.  

Posted by
Edited on
‎12-22-2016 04:38 PM

Visitor

Message 98 of 121 (1,490 Views)

[ Edited ]

-AlanD

I figured I'd do the same thing, however when I did the other night it would not pull an IP from the Comcast modem. I configured the Cisco 2821's WAN interface to use "ip address dhcp", and then set the route to be "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 dhcp 1". Just to provide a short backstory, this same setting works for the Blast 300. I also tried setting it to the static address that their NightHawk had along with the next hop it showed, and same problem can't even ping the next hop. 

The rep I spoke with last night tried to make it abundantly clear they don't allow this kind of configuration. Which is ridiculous, also I noticed a lot of people on here get static IPs, where do they get this information from? I'd prefer a static IP, what packages come with that? 

Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 99 of 121 (1,472 Views)

Somj20 wrote:

I figured I'd do the same thing, however when I did the other night it would not pull an IP from the Comcast modem. 

FWIW, the modem needs to be powercycled each and every time that the device that is being connected to it is changed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 100 of 121 (1,466 Views)

EG wrote:

Somj20 wrote:

I figured I'd do the same thing, however when I did the other night it would not pull an IP from the Comcast modem. 

FWIW, the modem needs to be powercycled each and every time that the device that is being connected to it is changed.

Yeah, I can confirm the modem was powercycled, followed by the router and still no dice. Appreciate the suggestion, open to any more if anyone else has run into this problem?