New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Gigabit Internet Speed

Posted by
Administrator

Message 56 of 222

Gigabit Internet service is a residential XFINITY Internet service that delivers download speeds of up to 1 Gbps and upload speeds of up to 35 Mbps to customer homes via Comcast's next technology DOCSIS 3.1 Hybrid Fiber-Coax (HFC) network.

Gigabit Pro is a new ultra-fast tier that will be delivered via a fiber-to-the-home solution and offers symmetrical upload/download speeds of up to 2 Gbps.

To learn more about our Gigabit service offerings, please visit xfinity.com/gig.

For more info on 1Gbps and multi-Gig speed availability and where it will be available in the future, please visit https://www.xfinity.com/gig-offer#available-map

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
221 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 1 of 222

For those of you searching for questions about the Gigabit Pro service and what to expect, I'll try to answer as much as I can about my experience.  

I first inquired about whether Gigabit Pro service was available in my area in the beginning of Aug 2015.  As you might image the training for the customer service rep on this product is very light, if not non existent.  Many have posted issues about this.  If you're interested in the service and its available in your area, just call up the 800 number and ask a ticket to be created for someone to call you back...they will within 24 hours.  HANG ONTO THIS TICKET NUMBER.  It's the only way you can call to get a status update.

The first part of the process is fairly painful if you you're overly excited for the service (me) or you're used to ordering business circuits (me).  All communication about your order will occur through a premier care agent, but not directly.  Any questions or call backs occur through the 800 #, open a ticket, and 24 hours you get a call back.  If you miss their call, repeat the process or wait till tomorrow for a call back.

During this process of dealing with the care agent they are doing a few things.  They'll very quickly be able to pre-qualify you for the service based on how close you are to the nearest fiber splice point, what their documentation says for available fibers, and a rough estimate of how difficult the run will be.  I got lucky...  my splice point was all of 500 feet from my house and entirely arial.  If you end up being too far, would have to go underground (say for a street, etc), or start to deal with rights of way, it's unlikely you'll qualify.

Next up - they dispatch a walk-out team to verify everything they see on their maps is accurate.  This means they physically check whether there are actually enough spare fiber at the splice point for you and that the route is clear.  They won't knock on your door, and you'll probably never even see them do this.

Up to here, it will probably have taken about a 4-6 weeks of complete silence.  After this, they should have a on-or-before date of another 8 weeks out.  

At about 4-5 weeks out from that date, you'll get a call from a project manager handling the fiber installation.  During this process, they'll be running a brand new 12 strand cable from the splice point into your home wherever you decide and are able to mount the router (more on this later).  In my case, I already had a conduit run from the utility pole to the back of my house, so that made the process a fair bit easier.   For those of you who know nothing about fiber optic outside plant installation, this cable is about an 3/4" thick and doesnt bend all that well.  

The installation contractor that did my install was amazing, but they are experienced installing Metro-E circuits for businesses.  This means they're usually able to come in through drop cielings or existing conduit.  Most homes don't have this.  Since I have experience in this area, I had mapped out exactly what I thought was the best path to get from the back of my house to my 48U rack in my house that houses the entire network.  In the end, they did an absolutely amazing job with zero interior repair work necessary, and the fiber cable was not visible at all.  Not an easy job!!  

I will say that if you need zero repair work (drywall and painting) and dont want to see that huge black wire in your house, then you should consider hiring someone who specializes in this work to place a conduit for them to run it in.  Sure, it will mean you spending some additional money here, but it will save you any aggrevation and your fiber install will go smooth.

The whole fiber install job took a couple weeks for me, but that was partly because I was on vacation.  The same day the fiber installation was done, the same contractor had his splicing crew terminate the fiber in the house.  They have a 1 rack unit (RU) or wall mount option for this.

Next, equipment install and turn up!  The next available slot was a week away, but I asked if they could slide it up the same week and they were able to!   I had my time slot for 8am-12pm, and they didnt show.  But at 6pm I got a call from the networking supervisor in my area explaining that they ran into a provisioning problem the day before and needed to put the circuit back into the design queue and have it rebuilt.  I know how this process goes, and if you dont heavily manage it through the queue, it's a few day process.  He went the extra mile and made sure it got rebuilt.  He then asked if I still wanted it installed today since it was getting late.  There was no way I was waiting till Monday!!! The supervisor and two technicians got to my house around 7pm, spent about an hour doing the installation, and I was up and running!!  

The router they terminate the circuit to is a 1RU Juniper Router.  They also provide a Netgear R8000 802.11ac router.  

My speeds via wired GigE connection to the R8000 - 950mbit UP, 952mbit DOWN.  At times, a hair more, a hair less.  

A few technical notes:

1.  They provide two hand offs.  A GigE copper handoff and a 10Gig handoff.  The two circuits are throttled to a combined 2Gigabit.  

2.  The R8000 will take the GigE hand off.  

3.  If you want to take the 10 Gig hand off, you'll need either a 10 GigE card for your computer with appropriate 850nm multi-mode optic AND a LC-LC OM4 MMF jumper cable  (aqua colored).

4.  You get one static IP address on each of the hand offs.  I didn't ask, so I dont know if additional IPs are available.  My advice - get up and running - don't complicate things, and then ask.  

5.  There aren't any caps as far as I am aware.  

6.  The support process it not your standard comcast internet team.  It is supported by the Business-class MetroE NOC.  They are well trained and highly responsive.  

7.  You get 4 hour support if you go down.  You really shouldn't go down.  Your fiber is a straight shot all the way into their head end.  If you're down, some MAJOR incident is going on.

8.  Get a decent battery backup.  Not only does it condition for power spikes, but it's just good practice.

9.  They do deploy IPV6 and the R8000 is provisioned ready to go with it.  Pretty cool.

10.  They don't manage any of the video/tv service over this circuit like Google and Verizon do.  This is straight up super fast IP!

My Setup:

Ubiquiti Edgemax 48 Pro - Terminate the 1G and 10G into a L2 VLAN.

Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Pro - Two outside 1G interfaces to Switch.

Same Edgemax switch - House, Guest, Management VLAN.  

I do source based routing for my desktop PC to go out the 10G link, and then all other hosts go out the 1G link.  You could just as easily break it out by Guest vs Home or LAN vs WAN.  Unless you have a 10G router ($3000 for a decent but non brand name one) or decide to terminate directly to your computer, you're not going to get more than one gig up and down from a single wired connection.

To wrap - While the process took a bit of time, I couldn't be happier with the service!!!  The team that did the work was amazing all the way through.  If their manager sees this, pat them on the back!!!!

If anyone has an questions about my experience.  I'm happy to answer them here.

Edits for typos.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 2 of 222

Where do you live??  Also what was your total out of pocket since Comcast stated it may be up to $1000 to install just wanted to make sure my quote is close.

Thanks

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 3 of 222

I live in South Florida.  Haven't got my bill yet.  Will let you know.  Given the amount of work they did (trenching, exterior conduit, and interior work), $1000 was a steal.  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 222

Thanks for the info.  I live in Fort Lauderdale near downtown and been trying to get them to start the proceess of installation since July.  Last I heard from them was that there were no fiber splits in the area of my home and the existing ones were at capacity and that I needed to wait more.  Not the happiest about it but glad someone has actually received theirs so congrats.  I assume the monthly fee was quotred at $299/mo??  Just coveering my bases.  Thanks again

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 5 of 222

Excellent report, thanks.

I'm about to pull the trigger on this, but want a bit of clarification as my knowledge of networking hardware does not go past 1 Gbps and RJ45s.

If I want to max the data up and down the 2 Gbps handoff on the Jupiter from all devices at home, I would need to purchase a specialized switch, correct?  This is where my hardware knowledge on this now ends.

If I want to share internet bandwidth between 8-16 ethernet devices through a switch connected to the 2 Gbps handoff, what exactly am I looking for in a switch? Any specific, reasonably priced, recommendations?

Please correct any of my misperceptions.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 6 of 222
The reality is that unless you buy a 10 gig adapter for your computer you won't get two gigabit to a single device.

I have been really impressed with the Ubiquiti gear, but it isn't meant for the notice. I spent a couple grand on the 48 port Poe managed gigabit layer 3 switch and the 8 port pro router.

Without buying a 10 gigabit router ($3000) you could split your hosts into two vlans and route one out each handoff they give you.

Happy to help in any way I can.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 222

So how much did Comcast charge for installation?  Still waiting for my area just south of downtown Ft Lauderdale to get hooked up.  They told me it may be a while.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 8 of 222

Actually, there is a way to get 2Gbps through the newer routers using what is called 802.3ad Link Aggregation.  Here's a technical description of how Link Aggregation works:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_aggregation

Essentially, the hardware dynamically bridges two one gigabit ethernet ports together and allows for them to have the sum of their potential bandwidth throughput.  As such, it will require that you run both ethernet cables from the router to a switch with multiple ports, or a PC with two gigabit LAN ports.  You would also need to bridge the two ethernet ports on the PC into one virtual ethernet connection (through the operating system network options) to make it all work.  The good news is that you don't need some off-brand expensive $1000+ router to get 2Gbps bandwidth.  If you are wanting the full 10Gbps, then the best way to do that would be to do what LoveGigaPro said and that is to install a 10G ethernet into your PC and use a CAT 6e, 7, or 7a ethernet cable to connect to the modem.  CAT 6e, 7, and 7a all support 10G Base-T ethernet connections.  Here's a 10G Base-T ethernet card for 'only' $299:

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Ethernet-Converged-Network-X540T1/dp/B008NJPL7C/ref=pd_sim_147_1?ie=UTF8...

And here are a few new routers that support Link aggregation:

1) Asus RT-AC88U

2) Asus RT-AC5300

3) NETGEAR Nighthawk X8 - AC5300 (a.k.a R8500)

I'm sure there are other routers that also support Link Aggregation, but I wanted to give a few examples for you to choose from before diving into the Gigabit Pro world.

FYI, earlier today I was in a text chat room online with a Comcast XFINITY sales rep and they gave me a free promotional upgrade from Extreme 250 to Gigabit Pro.  I thought it was a joke and after leaving the chat, I called Comcast directly through the customer service phone number and sure enough, the service rep confirmed that I had received a free promotional upgrade to Gigabit Pro.  Also, found out that my house is only a few hundred feet from the fiber node where the splice will come from that can support the Gigabit Pro service.  I was told that I will receive a call 5-7 days from today to speak with the installation technician to arrange the survey and installation.  And I won't be surprised if I still have to pay for the installation ($500).  Still, the activation fee was waived as part of the free promotional, and my monthly bill will not increase, so to me it's still worth the upgrade.  I'll keep everyone posted once the process has officially started!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 9 of 222
That's great news of the upgrade. Where are you located?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 10 of 222
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 11 of 222

Iluv2raceit wrote:

And I won't be surprised if I still have to pay for the installation ($500).  Still, the activation fee was waived as part of the free promotional, and my monthly bill will not increase, so to me it's still worth the upgrade.  I'll keep everyone posted once the process has officially started!

That's interesting, do you know how long the promotion will last, before you have to pay the full price?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 12 of 222

I don't know how long the promotion will last. I'm still getting over the shock that Comcast gave me the free upgrade. I didn't even think it was possible to get the Gigabit Pro plan in my area. I'll provide updates as I find out more later this week.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 13 of 222

Iluv2raceit wrote:

Actually, there is a way to get 2Gbps through the newer routers using what is called 802.3ad Link Aggregation.  Here's a technical description of how Link Aggregation works:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_aggregation

Essentially, the hardware dynamically bridges two one gigabit ethernet ports together and allows for them to have the sum of their potential bandwidth throughput.  As such, it will require that you run both ethernet cables from the router to a switch with multiple ports, or a PC with two gigabit LAN ports.  You would also need to bridge the two ethernet ports on the PC into one virtual ethernet connection (through the operating system network options) to make it all work.  The good news is that you don't need some off-brand expensive $1000+ router to get 2Gbps bandwidth.  If you are wanting the full 10Gbps, then the best way to do that would be to do what LoveGigaPro said and that is to install a 10G ethernet into your PC and use a CAT 6e, 7, or 7a ethernet cable to connect to the modem.  CAT 6e, 7, and 7a all support 10G Base-T ethernet connections.  Here's a 10G Base-T ethernet card for 'only' $299:

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Ethernet-Converged-Network-X540T1/dp/B008NJPL7C/ref=pd_sim_147_1?ie=UTF8...

And here are a few new routers that support Link aggregation:

1) Asus RT-AC88U

2) Asus RT-AC5300

3) NETGEAR Nighthawk X8 - AC5300 (a.k.a R8500)

I'm sure there are other routers that also support Link Aggregation, but I wanted to give a few examples for you to choose from before diving into the Gigabit Pro world.

FYI, earlier today I was in a text chat room online with a Comcast XFINITY sales rep and they gave me a free promotional upgrade from Extreme 250 to Gigabit Pro.  I thought it was a joke and after leaving the chat, I called Comcast directly through the customer service phone number and sure enough, the service rep confirmed that I had received a free promotional upgrade to Gigabit Pro.  Also, found out that my house is only a few hundred feet from the fiber node where the splice will come from that can support the Gigabit Pro service.  I was told that I will receive a call 5-7 days from today to speak with the installation technician to arrange the survey and installation.  And I won't be surprised if I still have to pay for the installation ($500).  Still, the activation fee was waived as part of the free promotional, and my monthly bill will not increase, so to me it's still worth the upgrade.  I'll keep everyone posted once the process has officially started!

For the sake of not propagating misinformation, I'd like to point out that you're a little off-base with your cables, and cat6 should serve 10G just fine for most peoples' runs at home. Furthermore, no consumer routers support LACP on the WAN side with stock firmware, as far as I know, so you'd still only be getting 1Gbps on WAN throughput.

Many congrats on the service though! I am mega jealous.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 14 of 222

According to IEEE, only CAT6e, CAT7, and CAT7a officially support 10G Base-T. Regardless, not a big deal. And I'm remaining pessimistic about this whole Gigabit Pro promotional upgrade until I have been given all of the expected cost.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 15 of 222

If you go shorter distances, CAT6 and CAT6a should work. I am using some now for a 10G connection, tested the cable with a Fluke cable tester. 

I'm not aware of that promotion for Gigabit Pro, but keep us updated if you get it Smiley Happy 

Glad to see you love Gigabit Pro! 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 16 of 222

The Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Pro supports 802.3ad or LACP, but the issue is that you're not running off loading the routing onto the silicon, but rather running in the processor, which is much slower.  Plenty of articles cover the fact that at routing, it's really used for failover, not true link aggregation.  

Other issue with Cat6 is that Comcast isn't giving you a copper handoff for the 2Gb connection.  You could terminate the fiber to a MMF SFP and then use a SFP+ to 10GBaseT adapter.  

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 17 of 222

Link aggregation only works if both sides of the links are configured for link aggregation (and it's one device to one device unless it's a virtual chassis or MLAG, which isn't going to happen with the gear Comcast is supplying)

Here I think is a better network topology for this service, and you don't have to pay the equipment rental fees for the comcast supplied router.

mikrotik router (1x10G SFP+ port, and 8 GE copper ports) $495 MSRP, but I see it for ~$415 elsewhere

http://routerboard.com/CCR1009-8G-1S-1Splus

10G-SR MMF SFP ~$50

Any 1GE switch capable of 802.3ad ~$50 for an 8-port Netgear ProSafe Plus managed switch

Run the comcast fiber handoff directly to the Mikrotik, and 2 GE links between the mikrotik and Netgear with 802.3ad.

Or you could replace the Mikrotik in this scenario with any box capable of running linux and put a 10G NIC in it, and a couple 1G (bonding), and turn on IP forwarding (and DHCPD, and IPTABLES for NAT and firewall).

Done for under $600.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 18 of 222

Did you get a Static IP?

Are static IPs available for residential installs?  Can you pay extra and get them?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 19 of 222

Gigabit Pro comes with static addresses. Other residential plans do not offer this. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 20 of 222

That is encouraging!

I'm in CT and I was told today NO static IPs.  Dynamic only.

What gives?  

Is Gigabit Pro offerred with different conditions in different parts of the country?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 21 of 222

I can confirm they give you two /30 IPv4 subnets that yield two static IPs.  They also give you two IPv6 subnets that offer even more static IPs.  

I believe the rep you spoke with was misinformed.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 22 of 222

That makes more sense.   Why bother running fiber to the house and then put it on a dynamic pool of IPs.

Perhaps

Posted by
Contributor

Message 23 of 222

Yes, thsat is correct, you get:

1 /30 per port (1 for 1GbE, 1 for 10GbE)

1 /48 (IPv6) per port (same as above)

These are static. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 24 of 222

Hello, and thank you for your review. I use primarily Cisco gear at home. I have available 10G OM4 SFP, but I'm slightly confused wig something you're saying. Are you saying that both the 1ag copper and the 10G fiber are both capped at 1G, and therefore in order to use the full 2G, I'd have to activate both interfaces on the Juniper and bond them?  Or is the 1G copper here basically for "compatibility" purposes, and the 10G fiber throttled at 2G by itself if it's the only interface active?  I live in West Palm, and am thinking of getting the service, but would prefer to have a single 10G OM4 connection to their edge device to mine, get the 2G sync connection, and then work with it as I see fit. If you can clarify this, it'd be great. Thanks in advance. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 25 of 222

Is there no simple way to just check by address that I am within the basic distance to a fiber split?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 26 of 222

I wish.  Live south of downtown Fort Lauderdale and it seems to be taking forever.  

Posted by
Contributor

Message 27 of 222

When will you offer the gig service using docsis 3.1 referenced in this article at my house?

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/comcast-to-introduce-worlds-first-docsis-3-1...

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 28 of 222

john_1,

In regards to when will Gigabit Internet be available in your area, we are starting the release of Gigabit Internet in Atlanta. We do not have a time schedule of when it will be available in your area. When it becomes available in your area we will be making announcements about an advanced trial. Please stay tuned to future news announcements and the information will be provided for you.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 29 of 222

Sorry if this is the wrong board, I didn't see one that represented my issue properly. Since two gigabit is available in my area, is it possible that there is a one gigabit plan? If there is, I don't see it on the Xfinity website, so how would I order it? Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 30 of 222

lets be honest 2 gigabits is extremely overkill especially at 300 bucks when google fiber and other providers do 1 gigabit at 70 bucks. so will we be getting cheaper plans like 1 gigabit?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 31 of 222

Hello Steven-941,

I will provide the link below so you can learn more about our One Gig.

Community Icon

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 32 of 222
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 33 of 222

Anyone looking for gigabit is going to want more than 35 megabit upload.(the docsis 3.1 offering) If it was even just 100 megabit up, I would consider it. Since it's not, I'm not interested and plan to hold out until someone delivers fiber into my neighborhood. If they don't, we won't switch services until we move. Then when we move, we will only look in neighborhoods able to receive symmetrical gigabit. I realize that ISP's believe end users have no need for much upstream... but of course that's not true. Many of us telecommute and need good upstream for large file transfers across our SSL VPN connections to the office. Many people have vlogs that require uploading multi-gigabyte videos. ETC.
There are many legitimate reasons why residential customers would want a much higher upload speed and won't settle.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 34 of 222

Hello Normous,

Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. With your feedback we are able to improve our products and services provided. I will forward your comments to a member of management.

Community Icon

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 35 of 222
How can I be part of the advanced trial? Also is this the gig internet via hybrid coax or whatever that uses docsis 3.1 or is it the gig that is fiber to the house? I'm interested in the hybrid one using docsis 3.1. I would be interested in the one that is fiber to the house if the install for free as part of a trail/beta program.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 36 of 222

Hello john_1,

I understand that you inquiry for Gigabit Internet. Please contact http://www.xfinity.com/gig via an advanced trial. We plan launch Gigabit on a rolling basis across the Comcast footprint in the future. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 37 of 222

That pricing is great.  Do you know if available in Fort Lauderdale, FL?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 38 of 222

Hello Sheila 1,

You can view additional information about the product via our Gigabit Pro microsite: http://www.xfinity.com/multi-gig.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 39 of 222

I signed up for updates but is there a phone number or specialist I can speak to?  I am looking for either the 1 or 2 GB speeds.  Thanks

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 40 of 222

Hello airhed4,

Yes. You can can call (877)-338-7010 to speak with a gigabit pro specialist.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 41 of 222

ComcastCrystal wrote:

Hello airhed4,

Yes it is available in Fort Lauderdale.

re: 1 gigabit availability -

the 1gig  docsis3.1 service is available outside the Atlanta area, in the both the OP's and airhed4's areas ?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 42 of 222

They did not know what I was asking about at that number and told me to call 1-800-Xfinity.  Is there a specific deparment phone number please?  Our questions re: Gigabit speeds are not generally answered by Customer Service and I am always being transfered around.  

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 43 of 222

airhed4 wrote:

They did not know what I was asking about at that number and told me to call 1-800-Xfinity.  Is there a specific deparment phone number please?  Our questions re: Gigabit speeds are not generally answered by Customer Service and I am always being transfered around.  

sadly, that sounds about right for calls to phone Customer Service

the published phone number though is  877-338-7010  for multi-gig

http://www.xfinity.com/gig-offer

*and don't miss the pricing fine print for the 2gig service,  $500 install, $500 activation

+additional customer requirements & equipment you'll probably need

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/requirements-to-run-xfinity-internet-speeds-ov...

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 44 of 222

Yes the monthly price, rental fee for the modem, the installation fees are well known for Gigabit Pro.  What I would really like is a three year commitment to get 1 GB for $70 a month.  But just a huntch that Comcast doing it to throw off Google Fiber and ATT Gigaspeed.  But how many people are hooked up for either one in South Florida?  I think I saw one or two on the forum only.  Not enough IMO to say you offer this. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 45 of 222

When is 1Gig internet speed going to be available in the Philadelphia metro area?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 46 of 222

Hello Dkershner,

You can check the availability in the link below.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 47 of 222

this works better  Smiley Wink 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 48 of 222

how can i get 1 gig speed

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 49 of 222

laurielarrym wrote:

how can i get 1 gig speed

call 800-comcast select sales. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.