New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Gigabit Internet Speed

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 251 of 337
That won’t fix it. It will still be at 25 because XB3 are not DOCSIS 3.1. You’re probably better off getting an XB6 requested for you here on the forums.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 252 of 337

You were - not surprisingly - absolutely right. The new XB3 is up and running and maxing out at 25Mbps. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 253 of 337

i was told by an employee on the forum they have to be done as a tech install they can't be shipped or picked up yet at service centers!
by the way, did you go to a Service Center or A Xfinity Retail store by Comcast, TRY A retail store as they may have it and you can make appointments to swap out equipment. although i dont think any stores or service centers carry them yet i had the same thing happen to me!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 254 of 337
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 255 of 337

kkrista wrote:
It was a retail store.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/requirements-to-run-xfinity-internet-service/

For Speeds up to 1 Gigabit per second

In addition to the operating system, browser, and Ethernet cable recommendations common to all speeds up to 1 Gbps:
Your desktop or laptop should have the following:

• 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet interface or adapter for wired connection.
  • Standard Cat5e Ethernet cable to facilitate a wired connection is recommended. Please be aware that due to Ethernet overhead on a 1G link, actual speeds might be limited to 940 Megabytes per second.
  • CPU: Intel Dual Core i5 2.5GHz or better or AMD Dual Core K10 2.5GHz or better
  • OS Requirements: Windows 8.1 (64 bit) or newer or Mac OSX 10.8 or newer
  • Memory: 8 GB
  • Hard Drive: SSD recommended to achieve maximum download speeds
  • Hard Drive Space: 64 GB or larger
  • Mac OSX Browsers: Safari 6.2.8 or newer or Firefox 40.0.3 or newer or Chrome 44.0.2403 or newer
  • Windows Browsers: IE 11 or newer; MS Edge browser (Windows 10); Firefox 40.0.3 or newer; Chrome 44.0.2403 or newer
  • Example machines: Dell Latitude E7450, 2013 Macbook Pro

https://www.xfinity.com/gig

Scroll to the bottom and enter your address.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 256 of 337
Thanks. Everything I've been using to test this meets all of the criteria. The address checker doesn't do much for me since I already have service at my address; it just takes me to my account where it shows me that I have that tier of service.

I suspect that part of the confusion at the retail store may be that Gigabit has only been available in my area for a few days.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 257 of 337

I just got the doccis 3.1 today

This is the modem they gave me, i have no router on the system right now, this is the results from the PC being directly connected to the modem

tech said all the levels looked great when he did the install

System Hardware

Model:TG3482G
Vendor:ARRIS Group, Inc.
Hardware Revision:11

Capture.PNG
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 258 of 337

Is there any update yet on Gigabit Internet availability in New Jersey yet?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 259 of 337

jweaver0312 wrote:

I'm a customer like you and I think the website will be a quicker way to check.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 260 of 337

RobertWy wrote:

jweaver0312 wrote:

I'm a customer like you and I think the website will be a quicker way to check.

I did but it just shows upcoming area. I'm trying to see if there is an actaul expected date. I know they're getting there, or at least doing something to the CMTS at the headend, since they took away about 10 of my highest frequnecy D3 downstream channels and replaced with the same amount they took below my normal downstream frequnecy range. Used to range from 609MHz - 747MHz and now I range from 513MHz - 657MHz.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 261 of 337

The other day I called into billing department they said in the My Area which I am in the NJ Union Division should launch 1 Gigabit/Extreme Pro around or on *September 6th* with an asterisk he said which means it could change.
so that would be This Wednesday if it does launch Like they told me. hope that helps you out!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 262 of 337
I’m in Royersford PA. I’m having the same exact issues. Signals are fine. Had a tech out. Still seeing the same 400-500 Mbps download speeds. Hours and hours spent on the phone. I’ve even replaced my owned modem CM1000 with another because a representative blamed the “customer owned” modem.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 263 of 337

dkinley1 wrote:

The other day I called into billing department they said in the My Area which I am in the NJ Union Division should launch 1 Gigabit/Extreme Pro around or on *September 6th* with an asterisk he said which means it could change.
so that would be This Wednesday if it does launch Like they told me. hope that helps you out!

Be happy you at least have an estimate for your area. I'm going to hope its the same for across the whole state since on xfinity.com/gig just lists New Jersey. Sadly, whenever I call billing for my area in South Jersey, I get the response, "Sorry sir. We dont know when it will be available in your area, but your area does already have Extreme Pro, so hopefully soon." Even when Gigabit comes out, for the time being I'm probably going to hold off on getting gigabit service or even having a DOCSIS 3.1 device installed due to a problem at my local CMTS. I even have a Netgear C7800 just sitting around in my closet in its box, just waiting for the CMTS to be corrected.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 264 of 337
Try calling again and ask them to ask those Team Lead!
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 265 of 337

dkinley1 wrote:
Try calling again and ask them to ask those Team Lead!

I called again and they still said that they don’t know spoke to a few as I was being transferred to a few people before I just gave up. They pretty much said that they don’t know but hopefully it should be the same date with the rest of the state. I told them that had to be wrong because a news article I read said that Cumberland, Cape May, and Atlantic counties along with Trenton have the gigabit tier rolled out to them. The only thing they said was, “We don’t advise you to migrate to gigabit or DOCSIS 3.1 equipment because the CMTS at your headend (Arris E6000) is affected by an OFDM carrier firmware glitch resulting in slower speeds when OFDM is set up, but only when a DOCSIS 3.1 device is used. The fix is currently being tested by Arris,” which I’m already aware of. The other response I get is, “Since Extreme Pro 400 is already available in your area it looks we may be a bit behind schedule on making Gigabit Internet available in your area.”

Posted by
Contributor

Message 266 of 337
Ok sorry to hear that so hopefully they fix your end so it works with extreme pro and gigabit soon but usually once extreme pro Is launched gigabit follows or at the same time ? Fingers crossed it launches soon?
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 267 of 337
That was what they said that normally they come at the same time. Then they were speculating on what could be happening saying Extreme Pro uses DOCSIS 3.0, that’s what they said, and they were guessing that D3.1 is probably still being configured. Hopefully it comes out soon along with the CMTS firmware update fix.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 268 of 337

today came and went the billing/sales reps who told me setmeber 6th where wrong the new service didnt launch as planned No idea Why But thats why the asterick was there on notes they found on this! I personaly am getting tired of the reps on the phone saying something and its not true or accurate Comcast need to launch this service soon !!!! before they loose a valued costumer like me! to another internet provider....

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 269 of 337

i am from chciago IL do we have a xb6 ancvace gateway it being 2 years is there any update i want one 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 270 of 337

patricia2626 wrote:

i am from chciago IL do we have a xb6 ancvace gateway it being 2 years is there any update i want one 

Did you call 1800comcast to see what they said?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 271 of 337

I finally got mine running in the 900mb range. I had to delete virtual switches that were used by Hyper-V, i use hyper-v to store my development environments. After i deleted the virtual switches I updated my network drivers and now I am seeing full speed.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 272 of 337

when i called yesterday to ask why gigabit didn't launch I spoke to the sales department which think based on info they had it will be launching on September 12th next Tuesday in garden state? don't know if that means entire state or not but??? they also said a lot of areas in NJ freedom region would launch next Tuesday?? so we will see 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 273 of 337

i was told by rep that NJ was starting 9/10 but to call back in few days and order system will be updated to order. 

Interestingly, if you put in a address as new customer, the 1Gb plan shows up but not yet for existing customers. Rep said thats is due to website not yet updated. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 274 of 337
Mine still doesn't show 1 gig just the gig pro on the new customer page mabye after midnight I will see something on the new customer page offering gig and extreme pro I was told the offers update a few minutes after 12am to represent today's offerings
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 275 of 337
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 276 of 337

How much is the plan you are paying?

QUESTIONS 

Anyone else, now being offered Gig for first time, what are latest offers? 

Monthly

2 year commitment 

Install fees (i see upto 500) any way to get it free?

Modem Rental: can we buy or need to rent?

Does the wifi router go up to GIG?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 277 of 337

dkinley1 wrote:

when i called yesterday to ask why gigabit didn't launch I spoke to the sales department which think based on info they had it will be launching on September 12th next Tuesday in garden state? don't know if that means entire state or not but??? they also said a lot of areas in NJ freedom region would launch next Tuesday?? so we will see 

I was told by a phone rep that every region on the list will be launched by Oct 1st

Posted by
Contributor

Message 278 of 337
Ok thanks for that into that gives me hope that it will soon launch!!
Posted by
Contributor

Message 279 of 337
I have also noticed they launch extreme pro first and then shortly after they launch gigabit
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 280 of 337

Two days in a row now. After having a tech come out twice and talking online to tech a few times. My PC exceeds the requirements. Wired connection with Cat5e ..  Ideas? Had absolutley no trouble with Blast! - this only started when I upgraded to the Gig.

ok.jpg
Posted by
Contributor

Message 281 of 337
What modem are you using? ... Are you using at least a cat 6 ethernet cable?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 282 of 337

Well I am using cat5e, even tried it with a cat6.... Thing is, it worked perfectly fine, was getting over 950 mbps for like a day, then it just went back to garbage. I am using that new Doccis 3 modem or whatever it's called.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 283 of 337
Is the modem from comcast? .. and is it an XB6 modem. Why I ask .. is comcast shipped me a XB3 modem which was not compatible with Gigabit. I ended up returning and bought my own Doscis 3.1 modem.

You said you were getting gigabit speeds beforr .... try reseting modem and restarting pc after try using beta.speedtest which is more accurate and stable than xfinity.speedtest. Let me know if it helps.
Highlighted
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 284 of 337

This is a picture of the type of modem they gave me - and a few pics of the speed after resetting the modem and restarting the PC (which is actually the fastest it has been)I haven't had this much trouble with my internet since the early 2000's. hah.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Comcast gigabit gateway XB6 400x300_0.jpg
Posted by
Contributor

Message 285 of 337
Hmmm .. there is no router connected to modem .. right?

Is the computer you're using hardwired to the modem or are you using it via wifi?

Try disabling any firewall/antivirus programs and let me know it the speed improves.

Btw there is no way to find the brand and model any where on the modem .. that would be helpful.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 286 of 337
I’d like to report a problem of false advertising over this tier. According to your site Gigabit is now available, however, locally at the local CMTS is still not configured to even have the gigabit service at all yet. For example, I’m not sure if OFDM is enabled there yet but the upstream is not configured right to the point that in my area you would never get 35 with the current upstream conditions figuration. Right now there are 3 ATDMA channels used for upstream. I was reading that 3 of those would max out at 12.x range. The problem in reporting is you guys are saying it’s available but locally it’s not available because my area is not configured to even use the service.
Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 287 of 337

jweaver0312 wrote:
but the upstream is not configured right to the point that in my area you would never get 35 with the current upstream conditions figuration. Right now there are 3 ATDMA channels used for upstream. I was reading that 3 of those would max out at 12.x range.

FWIW, A current single ATDMA, 64 QAM modulated, 6.4MHz-wide, 5.120 MSym/sec upstream channel supports a raw data rate of approximately 30.72 Mbps and a real world throughput of approximately 27 Mbps. 27x3=81.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 288 of 337

No I am plugged right into the modem. 

It literally says nothing, anywhere on the modem what make/model it is, just the MAC address and what not. There is a PN, maybe that's a part number? TG02DCW3482CT

Disabled Windows Firewall and AVG.

Still not even close.

I am going to go ahead and just assume this is something on the Xfinity side as opposed to being something wrong with my PC. Who knows....

Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 289 of 337

josh80 wrote:

It literally says nothing, anywhere on the modem what make/model it is, just the MAC address and what not. There is a PN, maybe that's a part number? TG02DCW3482CT

FWIW, it's an Arris TG3482. Comcast refers to it as being one of their "XB6" models.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 290 of 337

EG wrote:

josh80 wrote:

FWIW, it's an Arris TG3482. Comcast refers to it as being on of their "XB6" models.

Ty Ty 

Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 291 of 337

Quite welcome !

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 292 of 337
Yep .. try reaching out to comcast... maybe your bootfile is not configured correctly .. or there is interference due to faulty wiring .. who knows ... hopefully your prob gets rectified.

p.s.. have you tried using a different pc/laptop?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 293 of 337

I did. Tried the wife's computer.. Well thanks for helping anyways  Smiley Happy

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 294 of 337
Just curious if there any update over the firmware fix for the Arris E6000 CMTS OFDM fix being developed? If so, what are we looking at for deployment timeframe?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 295 of 337

i called in today check up on gigabit they told me that it was avaible NOW in my area but they had a had work pending for my adresss and I would be able to add it tomrrow after 5PM ET after the work was finished they said it wad something with the fiber. will keep you posted if i am to add it tomrrow after 5 pm! fingers crossed!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 296 of 337

where in NJ are you?

what is the pricing offer for 1gbit?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 297 of 337

07095 and they said it would be $30 more per month as an upgrade if everything they told me was true

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 298 of 337

great i am in NJ woodbridge area too. 

I was told last week that systems should be updated by early this week. I dont see website showing anything more than 400mbps yet. 

Keep us udpated if you are successfull 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 299 of 337

I called in last Thursday inquiring about the gigabit internet because I had seen billboards saying it was now in the area. They said it was available in my area. Then they asked if I had my own compatible modem and I said yes(SB8200). I asked if they could just provision it for the gig, and they told me no. Since I was a valued xfinity customer, they would lower the $90 install fee to $39.99. I asked what exactly the installer was going to do because I’m not going to pay $40 to have the installer come here and just provision my modem. They said the installer had to come to verify the speed because legally they can’t charge for the gig if you’re not reaching the gig speeds. I agreed. I assumed that meant the installer would show up with a laptop and a cable to verify the speed. The next morning, the installer showed up with his iPad and nothing more. The installer walked over to my modem, got the MAC address and then provisioned it. He said he didn’t know why he had to come here because they could have provisioned it from the call center. I told him what they told me about verifying the speed and he said that he’d never heard of that before. I said they probably just wanted $40 extra and he agreed. He had no equipment capable of verifying the speed and relied on my laptop to check. Before he left he told me I should call in and try and get them to waive the fee entirely because he didn’t really do anything. I called into Xfinity, and they told me that while it didn’t seem that he did anything, he did stuff outside the house. I told them that I watched him pull up and watched him walk to the door. Plus, the Xfinity connections are just outside of my fence. I’ve seen them working there before. So I knew he didn’t do anything. I threatened to just cancel it, then they agreed to credit my account the $39.99 install fee. 

Word to the wise- if you know your household connection and equipment is capable, don’t be fooled by their install fee, no matter what excuse they give you. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 300 of 337

jazzsingh wrote:

great i am in NJ woodbridge area too. 

I was told last week that systems should be updated by early this week. I dont see website showing anything more than 400mbps yet. 

Keep us udpated if you are successfull

they were wrong no gig in my area.
but hopefully, soon they will update the systems to at least Extreme Pro 400 I only see 200 where I live Smiley Sad
they probably do the annual speed increase before GIG or extreme Pro Launches  sad how slow Comcast is Smiley Sad