Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Getting Slower Speeds Suddenly

New Poster

Getting Slower Speeds Suddenly

I'm on the Performance Pro internet plan and have pretty consistently gotten 150-180 mbps down. That is until a couple of days ago when it suddenly dropped and now I'm getting only 20-50 mbps. I've done the normal stuff of restarting my modem and router, checked that all the connections were tight, hooked my laptop directly to my modem to rule out problems with my router but nothing has helped. I have my own Motorola MB7420 modem which is only a few months old. I've attached a screenshot of my modems connection status. Nothing seemed too bad, but I am fairly new with cable internet. Any help or guidance would be appreciated!
Russell
Tags (1)
Screenshot_2018-04-03-09-01-16.png
Expert

Re: Getting Slower Speeds Suddenly

Hi @thatpharmguy,

Your upstream power levels are out of spec. Typically this is caused by a wiring issue. It could also be something on Comcast's end.

See: troubleshooting guide.

Tip: If you need service, sign up for the Service Protection Plan (SPP). It's around $6 a month and you must keep it for at least 60 days after your service call. If you have SPP, you won't incur a service charge. You can sign up when you schedule an appointment.

New Poster

Re: Getting Slower Speeds Suddenly

Great thanks for that info. I appreciate the tip!
Russell