Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Freq interfearance on modem?

New Poster

Freq interfearance on modem?

I'm having a problem with a few downstream channels mainly in the 600mhz range.  SNR and power seem good.  But I often get a ton of uncorrectables.  After a few days up my modem with start ranging and always fail.  I often get T3 errors.  I would have to restart the modem and my connection wold work fine.

Here is my connection after just restarting the modem:signal.PNG

Those chs with the few errors grow non-stop.  Like I said, after a few days my modem tries looking for new chs but always fails.  Then I must restart the modem.  My speed is 1 gig and I normally pull 800mbs wired.

I suspect there's some kind of interference on this channel that's affecting my neighborhood. I know these kinds of interference problems can happen around the 700MHz spectrum due to interference from LTE phones, so I'm guessing this problem is similar although I'm not sure what else uses frequencies around 600MHz. Is there any way to get a line tech or network maintenance to look into this? The most I can get from calling Comcast's tech support is an in-home tech who can't repair line issues, and I just had a tech out that looked at my line and said its fine.  He replaced some connectors and ran a new line to the modem but I still have the same exact problem.

Im wondering if there is a local issue that Comcast has missed.

Thanks so much!

New Poster

Re: Freq interfearance on modem?

here is my modem 20 mins after the numbers from my 1st post:

Note the few chs keep having the issues.

newture.PNG