Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Free equipment upgrade

Regular Visitor

Free equipment upgrade

Update your modem to get faster Internet speeds – at no additional cost to you

The modem you currently have does not give you all the in-home WiFi speed you need to get the most out of your service. So we would like to update your equipment.
There's no cost to update your equipment, plus we'll waive shipping and handling fees for your Self-Install Kit. However, please know that your regular monthly equipment fees will still apply.
Click to order your new equipment. We will send you an email with tracking information when your Self-Install Kit is on its way.

Got the above offer in an email a couple of days ago and wondered about the pros and cons of these offers.  On my tv, I get the occasional offer for free upgrade to X1 with a self install kit.  I am wondering if anyone can give me any pros and cons about the legitimacy of these offers.  I think that, sometimes, by upgrading devices, there may be certain other upgrades that my require more costs.  Looking of opinions, please.  Thanks.

Problem Solver

Re: Free equipment upgrade

@dmiles33 wrote:

The modem you currently have does not give you all the in-home WiFi speed you need to get the most out of your service. So we would like to update your equipment.
There's no cost to update your equipment, plus we'll waive shipping and handling fees for your Self-Install Kit. However, please know that your regular monthly equipment fees will still apply.
Click to order your new equipment. We will send you an email with tracking information when your Self-Install Kit is on its way.

Got the above offer in an email a couple of days ago and wondered about the pros and cons of these offers.  On my tv, I get the occasional offer for free upgrade to X1 with a self install kit.  I am wondering if anyone can give me any pros and cons about the legitimacy of these offers.  I think that, sometimes, by upgrading devices, there may be certain other upgrades that my require more costs.  Looking of opinions, please.  Thanks.

We got the same offer a little over a year ago and all has been fine.

Regular Visitor

Re: Free equipment upgrade

@dmiles33 wrote:

This "Question" I have as well?

What type of equipment? Will it speed up my gigabyte ethernet? 

Personally, I do not want xFI or Xfinity Wi-Fi Free-Depot in my home. I have Mesh system called eero installed.

I also do not get charged this by my negotiated contract, "However, please know that your regular monthly equipment fees will still apply."

Cost increase, etc?

My old engineering professor always said "You got to give up something to get something!"

Regards, 

-B