Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Free Xfinity WiFi Hotspot Access in the Northeast Division

Administrator
Administrator

Free Xfinity WiFi Hotspot Access in the Northeast Division

Our hearts go out to those impacted by Storm Riley this past Friday and those who may be impacted this week by Storm Quinn in the Northeast Division. To help residents and emergency personnel stay connected during this time, Comcast is opening up Xfinity WiFi outdoor and SMB hotspots in these communities to anyone who needs them, including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers, starting at 4:00 PM ET on Monday, March 5, 2018, through Friday, March 16, 2018.

FAQ's

What hotspots are included?
All hotspots in the Northeast Division.

Exact hotspot locations can be found at xfinity.com/wifi/#find-a-hotspot.

Does the free access apply to both customers and non-customers?
Yes, anyone in the impacted area can access the Xfinity WiFi hotspots.

How does a user connect to the Xfinity WiFi hotspot?

1. Once at a hotspot, the user should select the "xfinitywifi" network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser.
  2. Xfinity Internet customers can sign in with their username and password, and will be automatically connected at Xfinity WiFi hotspots in the future.
  3. Non-Xfinity Internet subscribers should visit the Not an Xfinity Internet Customer section on the sign-in page to get started.
    • Non-customers will be able to renew their complimentary sessions every two hours throughout the complimentary time period.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

Re: Free Xfinity WiFi Hotspot Access in the Northeast Division

What a nice thing for Comcast to do. What states are in the Northeast division?

Cable Expert

14 northeastern states from Maine through Virginia and the District of Columbia.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

@nerdburg wrote:

14 northeastern states from Maine through Virginia and the District of Columbia.

Thanks! I am in Northern Va 25 miles south of DC and even under normal conditions its hard to find a hotspot when I need one. I would have thought they would all over the place around here but nope. Same with my husband where he works. When we lost Comcast for 3 days I tried so hard not to use my Xfinity Mobile data and drove around and could not find a hotspot just to connect to Xfinity app to check on the outage. Went to several strip malls and business parks but found nothing.  Had doc appts and thought for sure there would be some but nope. Tried their private WIFI but no internet connection which I thought was very very strange. Soooo.....although we have Comcast services again  I am so glad Comcast is doing something to help those who still have no power and/or no Comcast connection. Just wish it had happened last week.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation