Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Download speeds very slow

New Poster

Download speeds very slow

After a service outage our download speed is now 1-3Mbps instead of the usual 120Mbps. I have chatted with Customer Service. They sent a service technician and he did a lot of work. All lines from the pole to the modem were replaced, including any splitters and grounding pieces. Signal strength has been good at every point. The modem was replaced, and it has been tested on multiple computers, multiple browsers, multiple speed test sites, wired and multiple wireless networks. Speed tests were always the same, about 2Mbps. Refresh signals have been sent. The technician had nothing else he knew he could do. Another call to customer service had them wanting to send the tech back out. I work from home and need this connection to work. I feel like customer service is not taking responsibility for the issue and is putting it back on me to keep calling in when their service to me has been seriously reduced. Any suggestions or help in this matter?
Expert

Re: Download speeds very slow

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Official Employee

Re: Download speeds very slow

Hi Hooverbw. I assist with troubleshooting your slow internet issues. I'd like to start with polling the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. I can also check your local Node/Plant for any degradation or error reports. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your equipment.