I have noticed, every month since I switched to Comcast for my internet service, about three to five days before my bill is due my internet connect slows way down and I often get completely disconnected from the internet all together. At first I thought it was the router so I bought a brand new, top of the line router on the recommendation of none other than a Comcast tech. However, it kept happening even after installing the new router. I also noticed that every time this happened the router was functioning normally. I made sure to check and see that it was connected properly and not unplugged ot anything like that. And then I began to notice the timing of the connectivity problems. What tipped me off was that one time I was watching a movie and got bumped off the internet. When I logged back in I was taken to the billing page and not back to my movie. That is what got me thinking and sure enough, you can time the connectivity problems like clockwork when the bill is due. It only happens around the time my bill is due, no other time than that. Your bill doesn't even have to be late. Like I said, it starts days BEFORE the bill is even due. And then it immediately goes away once the bill is paid. I wondered if this happens to anyone else? I pay for premium service all month long, even when it's time to pay the bill. There's got to be some law against this and I want to know who else has had this issue with Comcast.
No, that's not something that's normal, nor does Comcast manage their network or billing in that manner.
We need more information please:
- Post your upstream and downstream signal levels. Click the link or type: http://192.168.100.1 into your browser. We are interested in your power levels (dBmV) and your Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR). You may also want to contact Comcast and ask for your upstream SNR (uSNR) and receive level.
- Post your modem’s error logs.
- Post the make and model of your modem.
- Post the make and model of your router if you have one.
- Let us know if you contacted Comcast or had a tech visit.
- Let us know what the lights on your modem are doing when you are having problems.
- Plug directly into the modem (no router) via ethernet and run ShaperProbe.
My husband is an IT guy, he has done all that. There is no problem with modem or router. And yes, we contacted a tech and have had nothing resolved. I find it very hard to believe the timing is coincidence.
Yes, same thing happens to me. I have noticed if I have a past due bill it slows down and at times will stop. I even called comcast and the tech even stated its true. As soon as I paid my bill, BAM no problems with the internet.
This is currently happening to me also... though only if i let my bill go past due. The service has never been cut off but the instant my bill goes 1 day beyond paid ,I get my 100/mbps service pipelined down by the ISP to a F'ing crawl and this also timed like clockwork. pretty fishy to me but what do I know?