Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Docsis 3.1 speed issue

Frequent Visitor

Docsis 3.1 speed issue

I currently subscribe to Docsis 3.1 and I am not getting the advertised download speed. I can get up to 500 Mbs download ang 40 Mbs upload on a wired connection using an Arris SB8200. My download bonded channels shows 25 channels (check the last channel #159) rather than 16,24 or 32 channels I would expect. I got a tech visit that did not uncover issues with my setup or cabling. Any feedback or advise is greatly appreciated as to how can I resolve the speed issues. I am posting some screen captures of the SB8200 

fullsizeoutput_8d6.jpeg

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Docsis 3.1 speed issue

Also post the up and downsteam power levels, and the downstream SNR values and error counts.

Frequent Visitor

They are posted. I attached 2 screen shots with the original post: Upstream/Downstream and event log. I am not sure why you do not see them.

Gold Problem Solver

I can see the Event Log image, but the other one looks like this:

An employee or one of the Experts may be able to see that image, but I cannot. Sorry!

Frequent Visitor

I am posting it again.fullsizeoutput_8c8.jpeg

Frequent Visitor

Your upstream/downstream stats are similar to minre. Are you able to get to 800 Mbts/Second on a download?

Connection Expert
Moved:

Problem Solver

Does your router have any traffic management, QOS, or traffic meter enabled? If so, try disabling them.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes, the router has these settings, but they have never been turned on. It seemed to have been an issue with Comcast upstream equipment. The last tech opened up a ticket with maintenance that finally closed this week. Now I am getting 850+ downloads when wired directly to the router and 950+ when hooked to the modem directly.