New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DPC3941T Updates

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 1 of 16

Does anyome know whats up with this big looking update given to my 3941, DPC3941_2.3p14s2_PROD_sey? Edit, was just given another update today as well DPC3941_2.3p15s2_PROD_sey

15 REPLIES
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 16

Got the 2.3p14s2 yesterday, guess will have to reboot the device later for the 2.3p15s2 version later on tonight or early tomorrow

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 3 of 16
You might have to restart it twice. I restated mine earlier because it was operating slowly and then when I reset it the first time it was blinking indicating the FW upgrade and then did absolutely nothing so I had to restart it manually to finish it. Also seems like it takes a bit longer for it to start up now and fully come online and both telephone lights stay on for me with only one line. Also seems like logs might be broken.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 4 of 16

Yeah already got the double phone lights on with yesterday 2.3p14s2_PROD_SEY version, even though only have 1 line, and good to know have to restart it twice possibly..

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 5 of 16

Yeah. It was kinda weird. I'm more use to auto restart after update download and when it was sitting there after it stopped the update download process I was like at the 3941, "Are you going to do something or what?" Though I also noticed as I'm digging through to check features as well that the manufacturer name was changed to Scientific Atlanta (still Cisco really) and a couple of nice features were added. A wifi spectrum analyzer is now available in the troubleshooting tab and now you can control bandwidth settings in wifi settings for both 2.4 and 5.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 6 of 16
Now there is a p16 update that once again you have to restart it to get it. All I can say so far is , how can Comcast approve of FW that doesn't work as it should or even fix it to make it work. For example, the LAN page is inaccurate, and it even seems like the Logs appear to be broken to the point of me not being able to see them anymore. Don't fix anything that's not broke or you end up breaking it.
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 7 of 16

In addition to the re-naming of the firmware to Scientific-Atlanta, the Tel2 light being on even though nothing is connected to it and not being able to access any of the logs, I also show 3ea extra 2.4 and 2 ea extra 5ghz networks (all without a SSID)on top of my personal 2.4, 5ghz and the hidden 2.4 network. These show up using Nirsoft's WiFiInfoView utility. Also says the gateway is a DPC3939 even though the firmware and the lable on the gateway says DCP3941T. I have a feeling the latest firmware update did a job on these models.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 8 of 16

That's weird. Mine says its a DPC3941T on the xfinity network page. Your download version is DPC3941_2.3p16s1_PROD_sey right?

snip.PNG
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 9 of 16
Yes. Only WiFiInfoView shows the other model.
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 10 of 16

The updates for the DPC3941T, sound very similar to the updates the ArrisTG1682G had. eg; the wifi spectrum analyser, the ability to select wireless bandwidth, disappearing logs and someone mentioned 3 hidden SSID's (One of those would be for Xfinity Home service).

I'm guessing things are being made ready for their new cloud service. As well as the new XB6 gateway which should be coming out this year:

"The new platform will be pushed to all existing supported gateways -- namely the Arris 1682G, the Cisco 3941T, and the Cisco 3939 -- in the first quarter of 2017 at no cost to the consumers."

https://www.cnet.com/news/ces-2017-watch-out-wi-fi-systems-comcast-is-transforming-its-xfinity-gatew...

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 11 of 16

My gateway was updated also. I noticed because I have mine set to brigde mode,  but the wireless network lights are on . Before the update these lights were off. (2.4ghz,5ghz). I also noticed I can no longer access the Advanced menu tab.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 12 of 16
Just also wanted to mention the current version I have had 2.3p18s1 in the name but according to http://rdklicensemanifest.stb.r53.xcal.tv/ciscoxb3/ it looks like there is a firmware containing 2.5s2 coming along the way. For the first time since the newer firmware it updated on its own.
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 13 of 16

Brand new update came along. DPC3941_2.5s3_PROD_sey.

• Fixes I noticed:
    1. Tel 1 will now be the only telephone light that will light up if you have one line of Xfinity Voice.

• Feature Added:
    1. MoCA Diagnostics (didn't really get to use it myself, pretty much just displays a MoCA Network Map with some more technical information)
    2. Port Forwarding and Managed Devices are now moved to the cloud portal which can be accessed at internet.xfinity.comManaged Devices and Port Forwarding moved to Cloud PortalManaged Devices and Port Forwarding moved to Cloud Portal

• Items Still Broken, Not Working, Made Worse:
    1. System and Event Logs are still blank.
    2. For me, now LAN Ports 3&4 are used but the 3941 is stuck as saying Inactive for those instead of Active.
    3. LAN page is still inaccuarte (don't believe what the LAN page says for now or ever really).
    4. System Hardware Page is inacurate with a lot of zeroes and blanks.

If I notice any more with this update, I will edit the post when I see something else or if someone else notices something.

Some screenshots included.

LAN PageLAN Page

System Hardware PageSystem Hardware Page

Posted by
Visitor

Message 14 of 16
well it seems you all are happy with this setup. I wish the logs would work only the firewall logs have data from the 19th. I think I got 2.5s3 in this am because I think it rebooted...not available for awhile.<br>the Internet response is very poor and it would not boot up yesterday. so they got me on a 200mps package coming sat. well just like a month or so ago after the box would not boot properly... I reset it again and it works. wondering if it's a sale thing at times. my 2.4 wireless hanging off gives better Web performance. actually think the nice on the laptops and phone , or the cpu, has something to do with it too, but it shouldn't be thus hard.
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 15 of 16
Well, I do want the system and event logs to work. That's why they are there to inform us and Comcast what's going on. Remember that the prior firmware wasn't RDK-B. By prior firmware I mean before the constant stream of updates. It actually does restart on its own now when it completes a firmware upgrade download. I don't get why they would fix something as small as an additional telephone light before fixing the system and event logs. 🤔🤔
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 16 of 16
It also seems like with the RDK-B firmware that the 3941 upon a complete successful boot takes about twice as long than it did, at least for me with no changes to any of the signaling being the same prior.