discussions

DOCSIS 3.1 Modems - Sale & Coupons

Frequent Visitor

DOCSIS 3.1 Modems - Sale & Coupons

Anyone upgrading and looking for modems:

ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem at Amazon
List Price: $199.99  - Price: $189.00  - Coupon on page - $30  = $159 + Tax

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6SKK1G

Other Promotions & Coupons: Xfinity . https://www.xfinity.com/support/a...promotions

Comparing with 2 other in market, ARRIS has better reviews
Motorola Ultra Fast DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem, Model MB8600. - $158
NETGEAR CM1000 DOCSIS 3.1. $162

Reviews:
http://www.mbreviews.com/arris-sb...ar-cm1000/

http://www.mbreviews.com/arris-sb...la-mb8600/

Service Expert

Re: DOCSIS 3.1 Modems - Sale & Coupons

I hope I get a notice when Docsis 3.1 is available in my market.  It doens't make much sense to spend the money before then.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

RobertWy wrote: I hope I get a notice when Docsis 3.1 is available in my market.  It doens't make much sense to spend the money before then.

If you need assistance ordering the equipment later please reach back out to me here, but for those customers purchasing their own modem please make sure the device you're buying isn't Comcast owned equipment. Previously rented modems can be used on an account but we will charge our standard $10.00 modem rental fee. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Silver Problem Solver

FWIW, With the Comcast rental modems going up to $11 this coming year. The yearly rental fee adds up to $132. So that makes the payback time quicker if you buy your own device. Even the 3.1 devices (mentioned above) which are a tad more expensive will pay for themselves in just over a year and they should be good for a few years to come.

You can run into problems buying used.devices, some of them may even turn out to be stolen rentals. (By the way that is impossible with the modems mentioned above in this thread, Comcast don't rent those). Some may be legit, but still attached to someone else's account, that can lead to problems too.

I would only buy new from a reputable dealer, after making sure the device is on the approved list for the speed I'm on:

https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/

Service Expert

Paraniod wrote:

FWIW, With the Comcast rental modems going up to $11 this coming year. The yearly rental fee adds up to $132. So that makes the payback time quicker if you buy your own device. Even the 3.1 devices (mentioned above) which are a tad more expensive will pay for themselves in just over a year and they should be good for a few years to come.

You can run into problems buying used.devices, some of them may even turn out to be stolen rentals. (By the way that is impossible with the modems mentioned above in this thread, Comcast don't rent those). Some may be legit, but still attached to someone else's account, that can lead to problems too.

I would only buy new from a reputable dealer, after making sure the device is on the approved list for the speed I'm on:

https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/

If I buy a Comcast-approved gateway, I need one with emta.

And then there is the issue of when 3.1 will be supported in my market (Houston).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Silver Problem Solver

At present of course there are no retail D3.1 phone capable devices, but Comcast did say that they would be making the XB6 available at retail. No sign of that yet though. (I'm sure they will be expensive too)!

The current D3.1 modems are compatable with D3.0, so they would still work until D3.1 comes.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation