Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DOCSIS 3.1 Down in my area. No one has a clue and cannot get it fixed.

Regular Visitor

DOCSIS 3.1 Down in my area. No one has a clue and cannot get it fixed.

Posting here as a last ditch effort to try to get some traction on this. 

Long story short, I own my own SB8200 modem and internet just went dead last Thursday. Tried everything to self resolve with support including buying a brand new SB8200 to rule out a dead modem. Modem status page shows "SW Upgrade Failed Before Download - Server not available". Had a tech out Friday and after four hours of troubleshooting (including trying to hook up his own XB6, which also did not work) he confirmed the signal was good but stated there was an issue with the CMTS and a bunch of the DOCSIS 3.1 frequencies were not reaching my street. He gave me a temporary TG1682G DOCSIS 3.0 modem which is working fine, but it is only pulling down 30/10, and I don't want to change my entire package off of Gig just so this temporary modem pulls down faster speeds.

I cannot get support to give me any kind of update on the issue and they just seem clueless as to what I am talking about. The tech told me that I am one of the only people in the entire area that has gig (not sure how he could know that) so no one else is complaining about this, so it may take longer to get resolved. Why am I being punished for paying for the top tier of service and how can I have this escalated to the correct people to get resolved?

Authorized Vendor

Re: DOCSIS 3.1 Down in my area. No one has a clue and cannot get it fixed.

I am going to send you a PM for some information I want to check on this..  is the SB8200 turned on and on the cable plant?  Meaning do you have the TG1682G and the SB8200 hooked up?

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..
Regular Visitor

Replied to your PM. Currently the modem is disabled on my account and not hooked up.

Authorized Vendor

Sent you some info, I will be checking the CMTS config in the morning before the tech's come out.. Will see what we can do to get this worked out for you..

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..