Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Constant service interuption and Agents/technicians not avaliable on the phone when calling

Frequent Visitor

Constant service interuption and Agents/technicians not avaliable on the phone when calling

"An Agent Will not Be Available to Help Resolve Your Issue"  is the convenient ridiculous message whenever calling about constant service interruption. We are getting MULTIPLE interruptions or "outages" every one or two days.WHY is this happening? This is not normal at all. Then we just had a recent PRICE INCREASE. Instead of our service being 75.65 we now have a price of 81.whatever. We expect good service for these prices. Can we please know if a technician can come to our house and verify if this is a problem with our cables or modem? If not what are we supposed to do other than canceling service?

Expert

Re: Constant service interuption and Agents/technicians not avaliable on the phone when calling

Start with the modem's signal stats. Perhaps they already are, or they are close to being out of spec and intermittently they go completely of spec. Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Is this a WiFi connection ?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Constant service interuption and Agents/technicians not avaliable on the phone when calling

I cant try either of those two options. The first is giving me an error page of connection problems. And the second is telling me username and passsword dont match

Expert

AntoineFam wrote:

And the second is telling me username and passsword dont match

If they haven't been changed from their default values, the username is admin and the password is password

Frequent Visitor

Ok, I am logged in. How do I view the downstream, upstream, SNR, etc?

Expert

Connection >>>>> Status

Frequent Visitor

Gateway > Connection > XFINITY Network

Downstream Channel Bonding Value
Index 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Lock Status Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked Locked
Frequency 615 MHz 621 MHz 627 MHz 633 MHz 639 MHz 645 MHz 651 MHz 657 MHz
SNR 42.5 dB 42.5 dB 42.5 dB 42.4 dB 42.5 dB 42.5 dB 42.5 dB 42.5 dB
Power 3.6 dBmV 3.8 dBmV 3.6 dBmV 3.4 dBmV 3.2 dBmV 3.1 dBmV 3.1 dBmV 3.1 dBmV
Modulation 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM 256 QAM
Upstream Channel Bonding Value
Index 1 2 3 4
Lock Status Locked Locked Locked Not locked
Frequency 35 MHz 29 MHz 23 MHz  
Symbol Rate 5120 Ksym/sec 5120 Ksym/sec 5120 Ksym/sec  
Power Level 40.8 dBmV 40.8 dBmV 40.8 dBmV  
Modulation ATDMA ATDMA ATDMA  
Channel ID 1 2 3  
Expert

Their all good. Please answer those other questions;

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Is this a WiFi connection ?

Frequent Visitor

This is a wifi connection

Cable Modem
HW Version: 1.5
Vendor: Technicolor
BOOT Version: 2.1.8_Technicolor
Core Version: 01.E6.01.22.42
Model: TC8305C
Product Type: Technicolor DOCSIS 3.0 Packet Cable 2.0 advanced cable gateway
Flash Part: 64 MB
Download Version: 01.E6.01.22.42
Serial Number: 1446200372
Expert

For a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

Frequent Visitor

I do not have a device with me that has an ethernet port (or have USB C ethernet adaptor). I am using a MacBook Air and others of the household have tablets/hybrids with no ethernet port

Expert
Moved:

Expert

Well without the test we can't narrow it down to being a WiFi only problem.

Frequent Visitor

I have noticed however that the wifi is better when i move closer to the modem. The "signal" is not as good when i move elsewhere in the house 

Expert

Google for WiFi repeaters / range extenders, WiFi mesh systems.