Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Constant WiFi drops

New Poster

Constant WiFi drops

Ok so long story short I work out of the home, and while I don't have Business Class internet, I should have reliability to run 1 laptop and 1 cellphone on a 250 MBPS internet connection.  My phone especially runs exclusively off WiFi.  I found out last week that my connections have been dropping intermittently and automatically moving to the Xfinity WiFi hotspot of my neighbor (mine's off because I didn't want it to autoconnect to an unsecure hotspot).  Since I found out, my work has told me to delete those hotspots so none of my work related business could be further compromised.  Also since then, I have had a tech come in and replace all the inside fittings I use, the outside fittings and from what he said, he found a filter on my system because I was causing interference on the network.  I was never told of this filter that was installed by the previous tech a year before.  A tech who ALSO checked the fittings and deemed them suitable.  From what the new tech said, these have been bad for years, and the reason why the first tech put on a filter... it was pure laziness. Now, I've had calls in to CSA for Comcast along with corporate and tech support and nobody is on the same page.  Tech support said they could see my connection was going down and coming back up.  Corporate then told me that there is no way for Tech support to see this.  I'm confused... which is it?  I have manually changed the channel of my modem from 1, 6 and 11 and even went so far as to try each other additional channel on my 2.4 GHz connection and while I can sometimes see my modem on my phone, even if I connect to it, it drops me within 10 seconds and disappears.  Is there anything else I can do or anything I can come up with online to help a new tech coming out?  I've missed out on a pretty hefty amount of money from work as I'm set to miss what amounts to over a full week and I'm the only working person in a very expensive mortgage.  I'm at a loss of what to do besides move to a competitor and sue for the amount I have paid in the last year.  I have already put in a complaint with the BBB (which is how I have talked to corporate and CSA).  Nothing is happening.  Corporate just seems to be trying to cover themselves while both tech support and the in-field technicians have stated this has been a long standing issue here and they can see it.  I don't think I'm wrong to want my money back for a service that hasn't been correct as long as I've had it.