Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Connected to public xfinitywifi hotspot, but no internet access

New Poster

Connected to public xfinitywifi hotspot, but no internet access

First, this is not about my home network, but I could not find a board dedicated to posting about problems with xfinitywifi hotspots.

I'm on vacation in Ocean City MD, and there are plenty of xfinitywifi hotspots around. We have 4 devices: iPhone 6S plus, iPad air, WIndows 10 laptop, and a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone. On our first day here, all of our devices were able to use the hotspots just fine. After about 24 hours, all of our devices started having problems. They connect to the hotspots, but then indicate no internet access. I cannot figure out what is wrong. It doesn't matter where we are in town, we get the same behavior. I've checked our devices, but cannot find any problems on them. In fact, it would seem odd for all 4 devices to suddenly start having the same problem at the same time. 

so far, I've tried:

1) rebooting the devices

2) Forgetting the xfinitywifi network

3) going to another xfinitywifi hotspot (2 miles apart) 

4) installing the XFINITY WiFi app

I would appreciate any advice I can get.

Thanks!

New Poster

Re: Connected to public xfinitywifi hotspot, but no internet access

Same here in Atlanta, Georgia. We can connect to the xfinity wifi as if it's still presented as a locatable hotspot. It will connect to the router or access point but no internet works at all. I have tried the same as you rebooting my settings, network adapter, etc. No luck at all. It started happening here yesterday. 

Regular Visitor

Same problem with me here in Atlanta.

Most Valued Poster

Happens frequently at the Montgomery County Airpark, Gaithersburg, MD.  Somedays are great; other days no access at all.

New Poster

Same problem here, I get connected to the xfinity wifi access points regularly but I am never able to use them. Never get internet connectivity.

New Poster

Here to in Greensburg Indiana. It's getting really old! This needs to get figured out asap before they lose customers!
New Poster

I have the issue in Detroit. Phone connects to public hotspot and my internet connection goes to zero. Have signed into the Xfinity Wi-Fi app. Resorted to Disable Wi-Fi and use cell data plan.

VERY frustrating.