Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cannot log into New Motorola MB 8600 Modem

ANSWERED
Contributor

Cannot log into New Motorola MB 8600 Modem

I called and had Comcast activate my new Motorola MB 8600 for my gigabit internet. Using the IP address associated with the modem(192.168.100.1)  I cannot get to the login page. I've reset the modem using the reset button, I've unplugged the modem and I've even factory reset my router. Still getting message "Safari can't open page" because the server where the page is located  isn't responding. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot log into New Motorola MB 8600 Modem

The TP-Link router is the issue. I had the exact same thing happen to me. Changing the DHCP settings to have IP addresses in the 192.168.1.xxx range instead of the 192.168.0.xxx range fixed it. After that, I could access the modem.
View answer in context
Contributor

If you have a router between your PC and Modem, remove it and direct connect the PC to the modem via a cable. My router (TP-Link C8) will not allow me to get to the modem. It was reported to me that there is a way to change some of the setup IP addresses that will make it work, just have not tried it yet.

Connection Expert

@spongebob2004 wrote:

I called and had Comcast activate my new Motorola MB 8600 for my gigabit internet. Using the IP address associated with the modem(192.168.100.1)  I cannot get to the login page. I've reset the modem using the reset button, I've unplugged the modem and I've even factory reset my router. Still getting message "Safari can't open page" because the server where the page is located  isn't responding. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried a different browser like Chrome or Firefox ?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Great info!

I also have a TP-Link router. I talked to Moto support, we did the clone MAC address but still could not access the modem.. He did mention that some routesr wouldn't allow you access to the modem. We talked about directly connecting the computer to the modem, which I'll do if need be. Right now everything is good. Thanks

Contributor

I only use the default browser. Thanks

Connection Expert

@spongebob2004 wrote:

I only use the default browser. Thanks

It can't hurt to try another one for giggles, no ?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

No, it wouldn’t hurt, I’ll give it a shot tonight. 😀
Thanks
Regular Contributor

The TP-Link router is the issue. I had the exact same thing happen to me. Changing the DHCP settings to have IP addresses in the 192.168.1.xxx range instead of the 192.168.0.xxx range fixed it. After that, I could access the modem.
Contributor

@2themax wrote:

2themax,

Yes, you are correct! After further research I found out what to do. I changed my IP address . Afterward on some of my devices, I had to re-establish some wi-fi settings. Importantly, I'm now able to log into the modem! Thanks

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation