members

online now

discussions

Cannot connect WD My Cloud to xfinity router/modem

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

For months my WD My Cloud was humming along and working fine.  It suddenly "crashed" (solid red light) and after troubleshooting, WD ended up sending me a new drive.  Plugged the new one in out of the box and again- a solid red light.  When called WD support, they told me to connect it directly to my computer's ethernet to see if it was a problem with the WD drive or not.  When I connected it to my Mac desktop's ethernet- all was well (solid blue light).  So, they said the issue was on the router end and that I needed to contact my ISP to get them to add the IP address of my WD drive.  When I contacted Comcast/xfinity the person on the phone did not speak English and so was difficult to understand and also had no idea what my problem was or how to fix it.  This was after being transferred to 3 different people.  So I tried calling again, but I was again connected with someone who did not understand the problem.  Anybody out there have any ideas? Thanks!

1 REPLY
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 2

I am having the same trouble.   If anyone knows how to solve this problem.  Please let me know