Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot connect WD My Cloud to xfinity router/modem

New Poster

Cannot connect WD My Cloud to xfinity router/modem

For months my WD My Cloud was humming along and working fine.  It suddenly "crashed" (solid red light) and after troubleshooting, WD ended up sending me a new drive.  Plugged the new one in out of the box and again- a solid red light.  When called WD support, they told me to connect it directly to my computer's ethernet to see if it was a problem with the WD drive or not.  When I connected it to my Mac desktop's ethernet- all was well (solid blue light).  So, they said the issue was on the router end and that I needed to contact my ISP to get them to add the IP address of my WD drive.  When I contacted Comcast/xfinity the person on the phone did not speak English and so was difficult to understand and also had no idea what my problem was or how to fix it.  This was after being transferred to 3 different people.  So I tried calling again, but I was again connected with someone who did not understand the problem.  Anybody out there have any ideas? Thanks!

New Poster

Re: Cannot connect WD My Cloud to xfinity router/modem

I am having the same trouble.   If anyone knows how to solve this problem.  Please let me know

New Poster

I have had MyCloud and working very well for years. Comcast sent a new modem/router and now MyCloud is connected "ethernet" only. I cannot access it remotely at all.  I called Comcast and spent an hour while he reset and reset the modem. Finally we were disconnected and he never called back...problem presists!  I have uninstalled and reinstalled; reset...done everything I can on this end to no avail.  When I get back into town, I will set their router to bridge and try setting up with my own router and see if that solves the problem.

New Poster

Did you ever get an answer?    I have a new WD MY CLOUD HOME and can’t get to connect to router