Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Cannot access stedi.org

New Poster

Cannot access stedi.org

The site stedi.org works fine through my AT&T phone. But I cannot access it via the XFINITY networjk.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Cannot access stedi.org

Nothing works?

PC, tablet, not even your AT&T phone when on WiFi? 

"Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman
New Poster

Correct.. We tried 2 laptops, IPAD, and 2 phones. The phones only work when we drop the WIFI connection and use 4G
Expert

@otisjinks wrote:
The site stedi.org works fine through my AT&T phone. But I cannot access it via the XFINITY networjk.

I can reach the site fine from my end here in Northern N.J. Perhaps the results of a trace route to the site may reveal a clue ? Please post the output.

New Poster

I was able to fix this by cloning my PC's MAC address in the router configuration. https://kb.netgear.com/1086/No-Internet-with-new-router-MAC-spoofing
Expert

Good to hear. As I suspected, it looks like your previously Comcast assigned public  / WAN IP address was being blocked by the site for some reason. When you spoofed a different MAC address, it forced their DHCP server to assign a different Public IP addy to your connection.