Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Can't sign into account/getting 75mbps down instead of 400

New Poster

Can't sign into account/getting 75mbps down instead of 400

The tech just finished the install for my new service (Performance Plus and Extreme Pro), but it looks like I'm only getting 75 mbps (per multiple devices, and multiple speed test services) rather than the 400 mbps for Extreme Pro. I was able to get the bootfile from my (cm1000) modem: d11_m_cm1000_performance2_c01.cm

From what I can tell, that's not the bootfile for 400mbps service?

Additionally, I can't log into the xfinity site.

I get "We couldn't sign you into My Account.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to manage your account at this time."

I successfully reset my password, but that did not change anything.

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: Can't sign into account/getting 75mbps down instead of 400

Yep. That's not the correct boot file. The boot file for the Extreme Pro 400 speed tier should look like this;

d11_m_******_extreme400_c01.cm 

*****denotes modem model number.

You can try calling 1-800-comcast and ask a rep to *roll and re-provision* the modem. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete and that the correct configuration / bootfile for your subscribed to speed tier is being pushed to the modem.

All Replies
Expert

Yep. That's not the correct boot file. The boot file for the Extreme Pro 400 speed tier should look like this;

d11_m_******_extreme400_c01.cm 

*****denotes modem model number.

You can try calling 1-800-comcast and ask a rep to *roll and re-provision* the modem. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete and that the correct configuration / bootfile for your subscribed to speed tier is being pushed to the modem.

Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Your Reddit thread is also in the queue for help. It's the same team that works both places, so someone will be along soon to help you get this resolved. 

New Poster

I called 1-800-COMCAST and the rep Kevin was very helpful.

1) He made a new account/login and associated it with my account so I was able to log on.

2) He reprovisioned my modem, and after power cycling, I now have the correct bootfile and speed.

Thanks folks

Expert

Happy surfing !! ☺