New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Bridge Mode

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Bridge Mode

Trying to be concise as possible. I intermittingly have an issue where I can be connected to my xfinity router/modem but have no internet access. This happened again last night. I checked for an outtage and there wasn't one. I got on chat with an xfinity rep and explained the situation. Since I mentioned I have a Cisco router attached, she probably made some assumptions and put my xfinity box into bridge mode. Later when I went to connect to my home wifi (not the cisco router) its not in the wifi available list. Xfi app told me I was in bridge mode (and Xfi does not work in bridge mode). I got back on the chat with Xfinity and they were not able to get me out of bridge mode.

My question is, what can I do to fix this without reseting everything? (I know I can push the pin in the back of the router and start over)(I am not able to get to 10.0.0.1 because I do not know the password anymore and havent needed it since I use and like the xfi app).

Thanks

Connection Expert

Re: Bridge Mode

Try the instructions here;

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/wireless-gateway-enable-disable-bridge-mode 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for reply. My problem is I do not know the password for the Admin Tool login. Ive tried every combo I know to no avail.

I think I am just going to have to start over again. I'm pretty frustrated because it only took the chat rep 5 minutes to turn bridge mode on, but I spent over 30 minutes trying to get the next one to turn it off (and he was not able to). She should have never turned it on. I didn't ask her to do that. I just wanted access to the internet again....

Connection Expert

If they haven't been changed from their default values, the username is admin and the password is password

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Understand. That doesn't work. So I must have changed it at some point.

Frequent Visitor

So it ended up I direct wired into the router/modem, figured out the password, and getting out of bridge mode was a simple disable.

Connection Expert

Glad you got it squared away !

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon