Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Arris SBG6580 Dropping Internet Connection

New Poster

Arris SBG6580 Dropping Internet Connection

Hello,

I have an Arris SBG6580 (modem and router) and, while it's holding it's wireless connection, it keeps on dropping the internet connection. If I power cycle the device, there's no issue for a few hours, but then it occurs again. We have one device connected via Ethernet directly from the router and it's never had an issue--only the wireless devices. I've tried changing the wireless channel, and it made no difference.

Is this an issue with my equipment? Something with Xfinity's side? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Here's the info:
Firmware: SBG6580-8.9.0.1-GA-00-092-NOSH

The cable modem is Operational

The cable modem receive signal is 543.0 MHz, 12.8 dBmV & 43.1 dB CNR (primary).

The primary network has 5 clients.

The DDNS service is disabled.

IP Filtering is configured for 0 IP addresses.

MAC Filtering is disabled.

Port Filtering is disabled.

Port Forwarding is disabled.

The DMZ Host is 192.168.0.0.

The wireless radio is enabled and set to 2.4Ghz.

The Wireless - Primary Network 2.4Ghz SSID is MOTOROLA-70315 and encryption type is WPA2-PSK .

The guest network is disabled.

The number of wireless client(s) connected 5.

The wireless access control list for 2.4Ghz is disabled and has 0 entries.

Wireless QoS (WMM) is enabled.

The firewall level is low.

Parental Control content filtering table is not Used.

IMG_0186.PNG

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: Arris SBG6580 Dropping Internet Connection

Try disabling WMM under your routers QOS screen. That has worked for me so far. 

One thing to note with the above suggestion, I have heard it may affect 802.11N, althought it hasn't had any affect on my network.

All Replies
New Poster

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
New Poster

I don't have the same equioment but we do have the same problem. Looking for answers on this is a pain. Nothing stays connected except the main PC that is connected through ethernet. 

Authorized Vendor

Post your signal's please..  So I got this correct..  your saying ethernet connected devices keep working but the WiFi devices have issues?

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..
New Poster

Signals attached.
Yes - the WiFi connection will either be very slow or will keep the actual wireless signal, but have no internet. The one device wired to directly to the Arris does not have problems.
Thanks!
DAED93EA-7527-4426-8CA0-AF4E8D4FDA86.png
New Poster

Try disabling WMM under your routers QOS screen. That has worked for me so far. 

One thing to note with the above suggestion, I have heard it may affect 802.11N, althought it hasn't had any affect on my network.

Regular Visitor

Your downstream power levels are too high.