Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Aria Fitbit scale quit connecting to wifi

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 6

My aria fitbit scale has been working great a year and then just a few weeks ago it suddenly quit connecting.  I have gone through the process several times to reconnect it but it errors out each time.  I have contacted fitbit and exchanged several emails with them with things to try with this being the last response:

We received news this morning that Comcast recently switched their default wifi settings from 802.11b/g/n to 802.11 g/n. In order for the Aria to connect to your router, WiFi settings need to be reset to 802.11b. In addition, please verify that your router settings and confirm that you are currently on the 2.4ghz frequency. As the Aria scale is only compatible using those network settings. 

I have been looking through what settings I can change on my Arris TG1682G router and have not been able to find anywhere I can make the suggested changes.  Can someone provide instructions for making this change to see if it allows my scale to connect?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor

Message 2 of 6

Log into the modem settings portal. Once there, on the left-hand side, go to Connection>Wi-Fi>2.4GHz Configuration. There should be a drop down for Mode and you can select 802.11 b/g/n. Let me know if this helps. 

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 6

This worked and my scale is now connected and transfering data like it should.  Thanks for the help.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 4 of 6

MIne did the same.  I have reset the 2.4 of the dual band ARRIS TG1682G to 802.11 b/g/n.  I still cannot get my scale connected.  I get to the part where the process says JOINING WIFI but then i get the WIFI ERR message.  This has been going on for some time and Fitbit has tried to help.  Any suggestions?  Does Norton 360 make a difference???

Posted by
Visitor

Message 5 of 6

How do you log into the router to setup 802.11b

Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 6 of 6

If i is a Comcast supplied gateway device go to http://10.0.0.1 The default username is admin and the default password is password

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon